Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so my friend and I go to this place called Veggierama for lunch every day cause they make fresh sandwhiches and fresh salads and stuff. Anyway so the ladies who work there know us cause we see them all the time, they can barely speak english though, I think they're chinese... and today I was getting my sandwich made by this one lady, and she looks up and me and smiles and points to a spot on her face and says (so that everyone in line can hear) "ooooohhh you have a PIMPLE!!" OMG I was ready to smack her. How rude! Lol WHO says that to someone??? Like I dont KNOW I have ACNE!! DUH!! I just smirked at her and took my food... I was so embarrassed :(:redface::wacko: . I really hate ignorant people sometimes.

:comfort:

OMG people honestly don't know how messed up and insecure those who have acne are. I mean for such a comment you could actually sue her. :wall: It amazes me everytime i hear something like this. That's why i stay indoors all the time. I have no life because im afraid of ppl's meanness and their judging. :cry:

Im so sorry this happened to you, as your obviously extremely attractive and maybe those women never actually noticed you even had a problem so that's why she made the remark like something extraordinary has happened to you ;).

Maybe that was the extent of here english, because people were always saying it to her?

I went to get my hair cut once and this arabian guy was the haircutter barber man and he sits me down and says "I see that your hairline is receding and your hair is getting thin" gee thanks man I hadn't noticed. "BALD WITH DIGNITY!"

BTW I doubt that the sandwich lady meant to offend you, she was probably merely expressing compassion and condolences.

Maybe she likes pimples! What a weirdo. Don't let it get you down, people are strange and some people have a problem with saying things before they have a chance to put their foot in their mouth. Children are the most honest. They will always let you know when you are getting fat or zitty. My little niece once asked me why I had pink polka-dots all over my face! :redface:

Duh, I would just laugh it away if I were you...or smack her for real, but you never know if she knows kung-fu or some karate stuff...anyways, It does suck to have such people breathe our air, such a waste or resources :lol::lol::lol:

edit: next time u buy a sandwich say ME LOVE YOUR SANDVICHES LONG TIME

Aww thanks for the replies guys... The only reason it upset me so much is because my cheeks are breaking out so bad lately and I was hoping no one would notice... plus it's got me down so much sicne Christmas is coming and I want to be happy during Christmas... I seriously will never be happy until my skin is clear... and ignorant hurtfull remarks dont help. My sister is especially horrible, she gets angry with me cause I wont eat certain things because of my acne and she was making fajitas the other night (she knows I wont eat dairy) and I catch her dipping the salsa spoon into the sourcream and she smears it all ove rmy fajita hoping I wouldnt notice... AGHHHHH!!! I got so mad at her and she starts screamign at me saying that ever since I quite eating diary it's only made my skin worse "look at your face you already have it!!! just eat whatever you want"!!!! It hurt me pretty badly when she said this and all she did was laugh... I was so angry, sometimes I wish she would get acne just so she would know how I feel... but I dont actually want her to get it I just wish she could feel what I feel every day. in conlusion I HATE when peopel are ignorant... stupid stupid people.

Aww thanks for the replies guys... The only reason it upset me so much is because my cheeks are breaking out so bad lately and I was hoping no one would notice... plus it's got me down so much sicne Christmas is coming and I want to be happy during Christmas... I seriously will never be happy until my skin is clear... and ignorant hurtfull remarks dont help. My sister is especially horrible, she gets angry with me cause I wont eat certain things because of my acne and she was making fajitas the other night (she knows I wont eat dairy) and I catch her dipping the salsa spoon into the sourcream and she smears it all ove rmy fajita hoping I wouldnt notice... AGHHHHH!!! I got so mad at her and she starts screamign at me saying that ever since I quite eating diary it's only made my skin worse "look at your face you already have it!!! just eat whatever you want"!!!! It hurt me pretty badly when she said this and all she did was laugh... I was so angry, sometimes I wish she would get acne just so she would know how I feel... but I dont actually want her to get it I just wish she could feel what I feel every day. in conlusion I HATE when peopel are ignorant... stupid stupid people.

That's what sisters are for, lol. My sister is my worst critic, besides myself. We laugh about it though. I have more zits but she has more oil (we used to call her "Crisco") :lol: But it was all in jest, we have fun about it.

People are rude sometimes, you know that feeling where you're talking to someone and you can tell that they're staring at a spot on your face? I actually came up with something that makes me laugh and them to get embarassed. I put my hand over my face casual like and direct the eye contact back. I can always tell when it works because usually people will turn bright red.

Haha... take that starers.

Ps. Not many people do this but some do!

Blow off the rude ladies comment, some people don't have good manners.

Or just throw mayo in her face.

:ninja:

I'm enough of a bitch that if someone did that to me I would of had her fired. That's right, you get to pay for your ignorant, insulting comment! :evil:

i don't mean to sound mean. but thank god all people aren't like that. some of us actually understand...

:evil: i think i would have died!

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo rude!i hate people mentionong my skin or noticing it.god even i hate talking aboutit!i had to phone this spa i am going to at the weekend to try and change the facial to something else but they wouldnt let me so it went on until i finally made my self say i have inflammatory acne and that is why i cant have it! :( God i hate even saying that word ACNE on the phone!

I'm enough of a bitch that if someone did that to me I would of had her fired. That's right, you get to pay for your ignorant, insulting comment! :evil:

HAHAHA you are hilarious jess... luv ya.

So assume the whole line of people at the Deli burst into a fit of laughter while pointing at you and gasping for air, ala every teen movie in the 1980's?

Okay so my friend and I go to this place called Veggierama for lunch every day cause they make fresh sandwhiches and fresh salads and stuff. Anyway so the ladies who work there know us cause we see them all the time, they can barely speak english though, I think they're chinese... and today I was getting my sandwich made by this one lady, and she looks up and me and smiles and points to a spot on her face and says (so that everyone in line can hear) "ooooohhh you have a PIMPLE!!" OMG I was ready to smack her. How rude! Lol WHO says that to someone??? Like I dont KNOW I have ACNE!! DUH!! I just smirked at her and took my food... I was so embarrassed :( :redface: :wacko: . I really hate ignorant people sometimes.

I was at this deli I go to often, i been going there a year, all indian people work there. they are nice and i like them and i'm a familiar face to them. So 1 night, he didn't say it in front of any1, but he said it to me to try and compliment me. The indian guys starts pointing at his face as i was paying, and I was like what, (I thought he was gonna comment on my side burns cause I just shaved) and he didn'tknow the word for acne, so he goes "You used to have theee, ehhh moles all over your face now you look good". I was embarrased, I just smiled and said have a good night, but when i left I never wanted to go back there again.

Okay so my friend and I go to this place called Veggierama for lunch every day cause they make fresh sandwhiches and fresh salads and stuff. Anyway so the ladies who work there know us cause we see them all the time, they can barely speak english though, I think they're chinese... and today I was getting my sandwich made by this one lady, and she looks up and me and smiles and points to a spot on her face and says (so that everyone in line can hear) "ooooohhh you have a PIMPLE!!" OMG I was ready to smack her. How rude! Lol WHO says that to someone??? Like I dont KNOW I have ACNE!! DUH!! I just smirked at her and took my food... I was so embarrassed :( :redface: :wacko: . I really hate ignorant people sometimes.

I was at this deli I go to often, i been going there a year, all indian people work there. they are nice and i like them and i'm a familiar face to them. So 1 night, he didn't say it in front of any1, but he said it to me to try and compliment me. The indian guys starts pointing at his face as i was paying, and I was like what, (I thought he was gonna comment on my side burns cause I just shaved) and he didn'tknow the word for acne, so he goes "You used to have theee, ehhh moles all over your face now you look good". I was embarrased, I just smiled and said have a good night, but when i left I never wanted to go back there again.

he could of just you look better lol

Ahh the language barrier, isn't it glorious? I think these are great opportunities to learn forgiveness. Seriously think about this for a second. What we as acne sufferers are truely afraid of is people making an assumption or a judgment about us due to our skin condition. But....Conversely we are judging people and assuming that they are simply being rude, and in both cases mentioned above we are talking about foreigners with a probably language difference.

In one case the person is probably trying to say..."I have sympathy for you, because you have a pimple."

In the other case the person at the deli is saying "Hey your skin is looking great!"

Yet in both instances we are offended because they pointed out an insecurity to us. I doubt in either case they were awar of our insecurities. I know it sucks, because the last thing we want is to have someone point out somehting we are extremely insecure about, but we need to remember that their motive probably isn't to make you feel bad, but is in fact in some way offered as support or encouragement.

This might sound nuts, but try this. Next time if Asian Deli lady says "Hey you have pimple", reply in a pleasant way "Yeah it totally sucks, I hope it goes away before the weekend!" Or if Indian Deli dude says "You used to have moles all over" try something like "Hey thanks for noticing that they are gone, what a relief!" Does that sound dorky? You bet it does coming from some dude in a forum, but you might be surprised how you feel afterwards.

What can I get you for Christmas?