Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bella03

5th month! still breakouts!

Ok, so i cleared up really fast on accutane..had no IB at all..But I've been breaking out less, but I haven't competely cleared up...So, last month when i saw my derm i was really broken out....I've changed derms three times over my course (one just quit the practice i went to)...So, most of the changes really weren't under my control..Well, the new derm's kind of a bitch..I told her that I didn't want to go off tane, and that i would like to stay on another month because my dosage wasn't uped till my 2nd month...(i'm on 80mgs)..I also told her that I wanted to stay on it because if i had to go on another course, i would no longer be on my parents insurance then...she pretty much said she didn't wanna jump into keeping me on it, and that she would make her decision when I came in next month..>So, how do I convince her to keep me on it.????. (all my blood tests have been good)

I recently got a cyst on my forehead (which is an area i NEVER break out) and it's been there for about 2 1/2 weeks..I've been using TTO with no luck..And I have been using Dan's BP all during my Tane course..night and day..with no terrible dryness like people report...

I don't wanna go off accutane...I have this sinking feeling that i'll need another course, and then i prob. won't be able to afford it... :cry:

I'm just not ready to be off this stuff...

send some1 to beat her up after work with a message along the lines of " You take her off tane we slit your children's throats"...all right maybe not, but it's all my freaky mind could come up with

Ok, so i cleared up really fast on accutane..had no IB at all..But I've been breaking out less, but I haven't competely cleared up...So, last month when i saw my derm i was really broken out....I've changed derms three times over my course (one just quit the practice i went to)...So, most of the changes really weren't under my control..Well, the new derm's kind of a bitch..I told her that I didn't want to go off tane, and that i would like to stay on another month because my dosage wasn't uped till my 2nd month...(i'm on 80mgs)..I also told her that I wanted to stay on it because if i had to go on another course, i would no longer be on my parents insurance then...she pretty much said she didn't wanna jump into keeping me on it, and that she would make her decision when I came in next month..>So, how do I convince her to keep me on it.????. (all my blood tests have been good)

I recently got a cyst on my forehead (which is an area i NEVER break out) and it's been there for about 2 1/2 weeks..I've been using TTO with no luck..And I have been using Dan's BP all during my Tane course..night and day..with no terrible dryness like people report...

I don't wanna go off accutane...I have this sinking feeling that i'll need another course, and then i prob. won't be able to afford it... :cry:

I'm just not ready to be off this stuff...

The best thing you can do is add up all the med you've taken and see if it totals 120-150 mg/kg of your body weight. Hopefully she'll agree to reach that goal. On the other hand, anything more than that hasn't been shown to work better. Plus, people continue clearing a couple months after ending the course. Good luck.

Bella I went through the same thing, I was under the impression that they'd never let me do a 6th month but now luckily I am. You could always attack your face and go into the appt looking like shit? Pop a few zits in the car on the way over. :lol: Or you could order your last month of pills illegally online. I contemplated that too. Choice #3 is get down on your knees and beg! Tell her that you want the best possible chance at long term remission. Tell her you're still getting new pimples.

When is your next appt?

hey bella, i totally know how you feel. i am on my 5th month as well, and still breaking out. luckily, my derm agreed to extend to the 6th month. for you though, plead like crazy about your case and just that you have been on it for so long, one more month won't hurt (like you said, your blood came back fine)... good luck!

My next appt is dec. 9th

Well, I had this big huge cyst (about hte size of a nickel) on my forehead..and she didn't seen to care....

I'm also really good at makeup...so maybe i should go without...but normally even w/ makeup you can see how swollen the spots are..

she's just such a bitch..i even told her that my first derm said i'd prob have to be on it 6 months...and she didn't seen to care... :mad:

Be assertive with her and tell her you want to extend your course. If you think it's best for you, and everything is alright blood wise, I think it should be more your decision. Tell her that. If she doesn't acquiesce find another derm and tell her to f' her self in the ass.

I hope if works out for you.

Oh geez, don't wear makeup to your derm appointments! And stop putting stuff like BP on your face, you want her to see how it really is.

How close are you to the cumulative dose? 80mg/day is a pretty decent dose for an average sized woman (i'm assuming here) and you may have already met it. If you really want one more month, just request it assertively and cross your fingers.

And if that doesn't work, remember - clearing often continues for 2 months after the course is over. Just because you have a cyst now doesn't mean that the course didn't work. I say it all the time - but i broke out through my entire first course, and the derm kept adding months on the end until i'd been on it for 9 months and still breaking out badly. He made stop to take a 2 month break, fully intending to start me on a second course after the break, and in the interim i cleared completely and stayed clear for about a decade. So don't despair.

If she says no to the course extension, see if you can talk her into giving you a topical retinoid like Differin or RetinA Micro for maintainence so you can get that while you are insured.