Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xoCaliGirlox

Oh wow, I'm starting accutane next week.

I went to the dermotologist today and got all the info on Accutane, and if all goes well, I'll start next week. But dude, all that iPledge shit is kinda scary..... there is so much to sign and stuff. I'm going to have to go on birth control after I start too, but I'm only 14. I have to get my blood drawn tomorrow moring, which i HATEE. And yeah, I know I'm going to have to get used to it but this whole process is scary. I'm just really excited for the outcome....clear skin!! :D

So many isotretinoin-exposed pregnancies have occurred with women who were supposedly abstinent that i'm glad more doctors are no longer accepting abstinence as an option.

Anyway, to the OP - starting an Accutane course can be exciting and frightening. But most people realize after they've taken it for awhile that most of the negatives are overhyped and worth it for the results. Good luck! :D

So many isotretinoin-exposed pregnancies have occurred with women who were supposedly abstinent that i'm glad more doctors are no longer accepting abstinence as an option.

I guess I'm just scared that a 14 year old would be thinking of having sex.... let alone doing it....... :shock:

i aagree, the last thing we need is more accutane pregnancies. it's better to be safe.

anyway, good luck with accutane, stay positive, it's really not that bad.

I guess I'm just scared that a 14 year old would be thinking of having sex.... let alone doing it.......

Yet, they do. Everyday. (Not saying that the original poster is by the way.) Think how much scarier a 14 year old with a conehead baby would be! :shock:

Glad to hear you got acutane.

Its funny i just got back from the derm , and my derm declined me im a 27 year old male wilt persistent moderate /severe acne for 12 years, and your only 14 yrs old and a girl and hes gives you accutane my derm is full of it!!!!!

Its funny i just got back from the derm , and my derm declined me im a 27 year old male wilt persistent moderate /severe acne for 12 years, and your only 14 yrs old and a girl and hes gives you accutane my derm is full of it!!!!!

I'd be on the phone calling evey dermatologist withing a reasonable distance to find one that would prescribe it. Do you have some problem that makes accutane unsafe? If not, find a doc. that will prescribe it. This sounds ridiculous to me. GOod luck!

I'd be on the phone calling evey dermatologist withing a reasonable distance to find one that would prescribe it. Do you have some problem that makes accutane unsafe? If not, find a doc. that will prescribe it. This sounds ridiculous to me. GOod luck!

no, im perfectly healthy and no allergies to anything, im also male and obviously not a retard but my derm definitly is a retard.

Today ive Come to think of how many times ive been in this type of situation in my lifetime where someone has something i need and my life is in their hands, i DO NOT LIKE THAT FEELING.

Its oppression at its worst, i should have the right to access this drug it is my body not theirs.

But then you get derms like these who just get off on the fact that they are an authority over this drug, or so it seems I dont like the fact that my destiny is in the hands of a derm.

sorry if i sound like i have a bad attitude, I veiw the world very politically and sociologically. And who benefits from what and how behaviors relate to basic human needs.such as the feeling of significance such as my derm getting his signifigance from his ability to opress me rather then listen to me and really consider my individual pain and suffering and his ability to really end it, rather then treat it for his own benifit.

I am just going to call around

Some derms are extremely conservative, and some are extremely liberal. It helps to call around - the receptionist can usually tell you how a given derm feels about Accutane. With persistent moderate/severe acne you should be considered a good candidate by most derms.

Autonomous, have you gone through the other medications? My derm prescribed Accutane for me right off, but I had taken RetinA and then an antibiotic + topical BP cream before with disappointing results.

That's great to hear! I'm starting second round of accutane the first monday in December. Good luck! You'll love the results!

Why are you having to wait just a week? Didn't ipledge make you have to wait 30 days to start?

That's great to hear! I'm starting second round of accutane the first monday in December. Good luck! You'll love the results!

Why are you having to wait just a week? Didn't ipledge make you have to wait 30 days to start?

What's iPledge? is it the blood work? It took 1 week for my first blood tests to reach my derm too. I'm starting my second course now (Im 6 month post my first). Im have almost no acne except for a cyst that dont go away. But Im on 1500mg Erythymycin that keeps my old cyst spots clear of inflammation. My problem is that I get pale pink inflammed spots that eats collagen =S.