Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone. I've started using st. ives apricot scrub sensitive/oily skin for the last 2 weeks and I've had all these little bumps I never had before. I think they're whiteheads? They are all in the area between my eyebrow and around my nose. They're pretty big and are not red but flesh colored bumps. Is this whiteheads? and can the salicytic acid be breaking me out? I haven't had any pimples though.

Please respond.

Don't use the St. Ives, that stuff will trash your skin. Sounds like you have what is called milia - resulting from "trauma" to your skin, due to the scrubbing. You need to use a very gentle exfoliant. Unless your skin is really really sensitive, you can try baking soda, just don't rub it in hard and wash it off right away (don't leave it on like a mask, it can burn). Don't scrub more than about once a week if you can help it. Here is an article on milia for you: http://chetday.com/pimpleswhitehead.htm

Best of luck!! :D

Thank you!! I tried the baking soda but stopped cuz i didn't think it work but now I'm on bcp so I'll do baking soda again or maybe cetaphil? I don't know. I mean these bumps are better than acne lol. Have any of you tried to remove them yourself?

I had that exact same thing when I was using that scrub! I loved it because my skin felt sooo smooth but the bumps were really irritating. It's best to exfoliate with AHA's or gentle microdermabrasion instead

I had that exact same thing when I was using that scrub! I loved it because my skin felt sooo smooth but the bumps were really irritating. It's best to exfoliate with AHA's or gentle microdermabrasion instead

hi..what's AHA?