Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stepup

Aaron's Accutane Log - FINISHED!

ooookay so now i finally have joint pain... it sucks. also somethign weird happened today, read abt it in my log and let me kno if u think its normal. anyway sorry abt the lips lol, i have 5 different carmex's that i have in each bag i carry to make sure i dont forget to bring any. u should get a bunch and put them in the pockets of ur pants or something.

goodnight! and good luck in ur race :) just try not to work urself to hard...ok?

i worried about joint pain & hair loss & all that for about 2 weeks, but it never really materialized... for me, the long term side effects that i've had for the past 5 months have been:

dry lips -- never fails, they're always pretty dry. usually not that bad. really bad in the middle of the long stretch of 80mg

dry hands -- very dry... makes it hard to do friction-type work with your hands because they start to hurt

dry eyes -- with or without contacts, my eyes are much more dry. (w/ contacts, only the ones you can sleep in can be used.)

certain other dry parts :| but otherwise nothing serious at all.

i worried about joint pain & hair loss & all that for about 2 weeks, but it never really materialized... for me, the long term side effects that i've had for the past 5 months have been:

dry lips -- never fails, they're always pretty dry. usually not that bad. really bad in the middle of the long stretch of 80mg

dry hands -- very dry... makes it hard to do friction-type work with your hands because they start to hurt

dry eyes -- with or without contacts, my eyes are much more dry. (w/ contacts, only the ones you can sleep in can be used.)

certain other dry parts :| but otherwise nothing serious at all.

Yup, that pretty much sums up my side effects as well, other than the dry hands.

anyway sorry abt the lips lol, i have 5 different carmex's that i have in each bag i carry to make sure i dont forget to bring any. u should get a bunch and put them in the pockets of ur pants or something.

I usually have some every where. I used to carry them in my pocket until I left one in my pants when it went through the wash, oops! Just have to be more careful I guess.

Where is this race by the way? is it a fundraiser for something?

The race is just north of Seattle. It's just a casual holiday race that I decided to do to keep me motivated to run during the cold days of winter.

oo nice. I have a good friend of mine that lives in Seattle. Great friend actually. Seattle=good peeps lol.

So where are you from originally. Like what are you? part native americannnn, part italiannnnnn, part aliennnnn, lol or are you pure blood something?

Sorry if I'm being personal lol God forbid I get personal on an Accutane Log :lol: you can keep it a secret if you want I was just wondering.

Anywho. Bio Exam tomorrow. :doh: wish me luck!

-Me.

oo nice. I have a good friend of mine that lives in Seattle. Great friend actually. Seattle=good peeps lol.

So where are you from originally. Like what are you? part native americannnn, part italiannnnnn, part aliennnnn, lol or are you pure blood something?

Sorry if I'm being personal lol God forbid I get personal on an Accutane Log :lol: you can keep it a secret if you want I was just wondering.

Anywho. Bio Exam tomorrow. :doh: wish me luck!

-Me.

Seattle is a fun city, I actually live about an hour north of Seattle, but work out of our Seattle office 2 days a week. Acne makes me feel part alien some times. Other than having all this accutane in my blood I'm 1/4 Croatian and a good mix of other things.

Good luck on your exam :)

Like most people here, I'm finally getting to Accutane after trying everything else known to man. My acne is mostly on my back and neck. My face has been fairly clear for a while, but used to be a problem. I've been fighting this war since I was 14. Since I was able to hide my acne for the most part I never tried that hard to get rid of it ... until now.

Sounds exactly like me, i'm on day 27 today, back has gotten significantly clearer, but i'm still waiting on the neck. Have you noticed this too?

Like most people here, I'm finally getting to Accutane after trying everything else known to man. My acne is mostly on my back and neck. My face has been fairly clear for a while, but used to be a problem. I've been fighting this war since I was 14. Since I was able to hide my acne for the most part I never tried that hard to get rid of it ... until now.

Sounds exactly like me, i'm on day 27 today, back has gotten significantly clearer, but i'm still waiting on the neck. Have you noticed this too?

My back is clearing up fairly well, less new ones than usual. My neck is still pretty much the same at this point as far as the pimples go, but I used to have little bumps (mostly blackheads) that are nearly all gone now. Have you managed to avoid the IB so far?

Day 23 & Day 24 :: 12/10, 12/11

Forgot to do my update yesterday. One thing I noticed yesterday is my skin is starting to get a lot smoother on my back and chest. It used to be rough from blackheads and other bumps, but those seem to be disappearing quickly. I picked up some Aquaphor last night and used it on the really dry areas on my face and lips. That stuff kicks ass! Basically fixed up the really bad peeling areas overnight! Things are progressing nicely and I'm excited to see what happens when accutane really kicks in during month 2.

No unfortunately, i had a really bad IB about a week and a half in. But it all cleared up in about a week, so don't worry too much about the IB if you get it, it usually doesn't last that long. And i've also noticed that after cysts on the neck start going away using aloe vera gel helps a ton for healing faster.

isnt aquaphor for lips? and yay for month one being almost over! ur dosage getting upped?

Aquaphor is for dry/cracked/burned, etc. skin & lips; it's an ointment. I have a few spots that I was bad about not staying away from and the aquaphor is helping heal those up. Also the skin near my lips was peeling badly enough to leave red spots and the aquaphor has made those spots disappear pretty quickly (nearly overnight).

My dosage is going to stay the same (80mg), but maybe I'll push for 100! My derm based it all off of my weight, so if that were to happen I'd probably have to pack on a few more holiday pounds to my 180lbs frame.

Day 25 :: 12/12

I'm amazed I've been keeping this log going each day. I guess I'm just excited to see accutane do it's thing. Today was the same as the last few, dry face out of the shower, lotion up and it's all good for the rest of the day. Works been getting a bit stressful the past week or so as my company is approaching a big milestone and we're all busting our butts like crazy trying to finish it up, so I hope that doesn't stress my skin out and make me break out.

Hey mister aquafor lover! I'm going to have to get some of this aquafor since you've become their leading spokesperson lol.

Aaron! go on a run! lol it does wondersssss for stress.

Keep on peeling!

-Me.

It's great stuff, what can I say!

I'm planning on draggin my ass outta bed at 6am to attempt 10km. That's the plan anyway, we'll see what that really turns into when my alarm goes off.

Edited by stepup

Day 26 :: 12/13

So I didn't make it the 10km, it was pouring down rain like you wouldn't believe! My eyes started to sting from all the rain and I had to cut it short. I probably made it about 3 miles total. I'm going to try again tonight if this rain ever stops. No new updates other than having red eyes this morning from all the rain.

Edited by stepup

awww! try wearing goggles? lol... imagineeee....

don't work yourself too hard...if the running makes you dizzy at all don't overdo it and PLEASE drink a lot of water cause you don't need dehydration coming from two sources. and wow, ive never had red eyes from all the rain, it must have been POURING...weren't you cold?

I suppose I should have put on some thing to protect my eyes. I had my gortex rain gear on, so other than my hands and face I wasn't that cold, even with the temps in the high 30's. It was just a light sprinkle when I started running, then it starting coming down in sheets half-way through. It was miserable. But I made up for it last night and went on another run that was a bit more successful. I haven't felt dizzy from it yet. I chug water like crazy after working out. You should have seen my eyes afterwards, I looked like a zombie. Speaking of eyes, mine have been doing good lately (other than the zombified rain eyes), hardly any red and I don't have to do eye drops much any more.

lol you probably soaked urself enough. The rain permeated your Gortex Raingear and hydrated you... kindof like a pretty flower! LOL I BET you wear big yellow rainboots!!! omg you do dont you in like a size 239582958239 shoe!!!

jk jk jk

I'm happy that your eyes are doing better. Mine were doing that for a while but they've just kindof gotten better on their own. I've been drinking a lot more water so that could be it too. I'm so proud of your keeping up with the workouts!!! I'm waking up early tomorrow for a run I swear by it!!! It's been a while since I've gone and I think its starting to show up in unwanted places :rolleyes:

lol you probably soaked urself enough. The rain permeated your Gortex Raingear and hydrated you... kindof like a pretty flower! LOL I BET you wear big yellow rainboots!!! omg you do dont you in like a size 239582958239 shoe!!!

jk jk jk

I'm happy that your eyes are doing better. Mine were doing that for a while but they've just kindof gotten better on their own. I've been drinking a lot more water so that could be it too. I'm so proud of your keeping up with the workouts!!! I'm waking up early tomorrow for a run I swear by it!!! It's been a while since I've gone and I think its starting to show up in unwanted places :rolleyes:

Funny girl. Although I do wear a size 13 and no, they aren't yellow. I also sing in the rain. My joints aren't bothering me at all any more, so I say screw slowing down, i'm just gonna keep on goin'.

You better get out there and run, I'm usually a morning runner too. However, I'm not a morning person at all, but I love the rush a nice early workout can carry throughout the day. It's great to have my eyes back! My friends had commented on them when they were bad thinkin I was drugged up or something...lol. I guess in a way I am .... on accutane.

Stupid Seahawks, just lost to another lousy team! Lame!

hahaha your seahawks aren't doing so well are they?

and LOL about the singing in the rain, i think that's the cutest thing i've ever heard.

i just realised that you're on 80 mg...have u been from the start? did that give u a bad IB? i cant WAIT to up my dosage.

and lol yes... sometimes i feel like this site is like accutaners anonymous.. so yes in a way it is like drugs.

hahaha your seahawks aren't doing so well are they?

and LOL about the singing in the rain, i think that's the cutest thing i've ever heard.

i just realised that you're on 80 mg...have u been from the start? did that give u a bad IB? i cant WAIT to up my dosage.

and lol yes... sometimes i feel like this site is like accutaners anonymous.. so yes in a way it is like drugs.

Stupid Seahawks, I don't even want to talk about it.

I've been on 80mg since the start, no IB to speak of really, just normal breakouts like the old ones, they just disappear a bit faster.

Accutaners Anonymous is AA even. The only difference is we're trying to get more of it instead of less of it!

Day 28 :: 12/15

So this morning my face was super dry, more so than the past few weeks. Before it was my cheeks, chin, nose area. Now my forehead is super dry and flaking. I can tell my skin is definitely getting a lot thiner and is a bit more fragile. I have my first check up on monday, looks like i'm going to miss a couple days of pills. They say it doesn't matter if you miss a few days since it's the cumulative that matters over the whole treatment. I'd still rather not miss any, oh well...

Day 28 :: 12/15

I have my first check up on monday, looks like i'm going to miss a couple days of pills. They say it doesn't matter if you miss a few days since it's the cumulative that matters over the whole treatment. I'd still rather not miss any, oh well...

Hm, a lot of people seem to have this problem, my derm won't let me change the day of my appointment at all .. even though it is the day after Christmas...