Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flippy

Acne fightin vitamins

Do A, C, E, B5, B6, pyriothione Zinc (Sp for sure on that one) and other vitamins work? If so it'd be nice to know which/how.

A and E help your skin, c helps with wound healing, zinc acts as an antibiotic (acne is bacteria), large amounts of b5 supposedly slow oil production.....Doubtful any of them will completely clear your acne, but they can certainly help...and taking any of them in moderation can't hurt.

If you take a multi vitamin and mineral supp with 100% RDA of most vit's (A, the B's, C, D, E, K, Zinc, Iron etc.) you might see an improvement, no guarentees but overall for your body it'll be good.

Zinc works good. Zinc is needed to help Vitamin A absorb, which can be some people's problems.

Vitamin A is very important because it is very active in our skin. Vitamin A also helps out with the immune system which is good too.

Vitamin C helps with cortisol levels (stress).

Vitamin E is an antioxidant and helps our body fight free radicals.

B5 helps with the metabolization of fats.

Pete

Just remember that this is for most people, and people with acne usually ned larger doses than what the RDA preaches. Also, today's food have a lot less vitamins in them than say 50 or 60 years ago.

They wont clear your acne,but having the alotted intake of vitamins is no harm for your skin.

I would recommend a multi vitamin supplement thats Niacin Free.

Possibly Aloe Vera pils aswell....one daily could be effective.

no mulitvitamen when on 'Tane right? The A in it I hear is what makes it a bad idea, makes the side effects worse? Correct me if I am wrong.

I'm female and have monthly hormonal type breakouts. I've found supplements to be the best defense against this. My skin is much better from taking vitamins/supplements.

I'm female and have monthly hormonal type breakouts.  I've found supplements to be the best defense against this.  My skin is much better from taking vitamins/supplements.

Hello there. Yes, I have found vitamins/supplements have helped me a great deal. Plus, I feel better overall. But, I warn you, I take a lot of them. I'll pm you if you are interested.