Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been to the derm 3 times, the second time i went she prescribed some antibiotics and Tazorac. Now by this time i had tried soo many store bought topicals that i completely discarded this one. Well, about 6 months after that i went back to my derm w/ probably the worse skin i have ever had. She gave me different antibiotics (Tetracycline) and urged me to try Tazorac once again. She saisd that it would help unclog pores, and heal my red marks.... i had never heard that before so i thought "HELL YEA", and said ok.

The antibiotics didnt do much i think.... i stopped using them b/c they made me nauseus. I created my own regimen consisting in Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Clenser (ironically, i think its gentler than their gentle cleanser. and has less ingredients), tazorac before bed, and moisturizer. Very similar to Dan's but i hate BP, it burns my face (Its funny because i came up with this before finding this site.)

Well, ive been doing this for about a month. Before it my face never caught a break, just when i got rid of a specially crappy pimple, there would come another or three.

Now:

1)my face has no active acne!!

2)pores are clearer, less visible

3)red marks starting to gradually turn to a light pink color.

4)face as a whole is whiter, brighter.

5)smoothness!!!

My face is not perfect, i still have those marks, still have blackheads albeit not as many, and still have the occasional whitehead. but, i havent gotten none of those huge pimples i use to get! i mean, i had a guy once say i had herpes :wall: , thats how bad they were. and they're gone!!

HOORAY TAZORAC! ;)

CONGRATULATIONS! I just lllooovveee tazorac as well!! same with me, its keeping my pores clean, and my redmarks have a noticable difference everytime i wake up from wearing my taz! love it!

So Happy for you.. may.x.c and spiral ! :D what % are you 2 using?

I have a prescription, as of yet to be filled. It's for 2 oz. / 0.05 Taz cream. I checked with CVS pharmacy and it would cost over $200 to fill!..still not sure if i will risk it, but your post gives me hope...thanks!

I have a prescription, as of yet to be filled. It's for 2 oz. / 0.05 Taz cream. I checked with CVS pharmacy and it would cost over $200 to fill!..still not sure if i will risk it, but your post gives me hope...thanks!

yeap, mine is 0.05% as well. and woow, i had noo idea that Tazorac was so expensive. ive never had to pay w/ it. now im scared sice i no longer have health insurance. :doh: i most likely wont be able to get it! buut i do have 2 tubes and they're pretty filled up, so ill have time to figure this out.

yea thats the thing..it cost too much..thats why my acne isnt completely gone..by the time my acne is almost gone my tazorac runs out

yeap, mine is 0.05% as well. and woow, i had noo idea that Tazorac was so expensive. ive never had to pay w/ it. now im scared sice i no longer have health insurance. :doh: i most likely wont be able to get it! buut i do have 2 tubes and they're pretty filled up, so ill have time to figure this out.

a 1oz tube is over $100 and the pharmacist said I could get that instead of 2oz. I checked CanadaPharmacy.com and 0.05%, 30grams(1oz) Tazorac is only $50 plus shipping. I may order it from there if I cant find a cheaper pharmacy near my house. Kind of a hassle though.. I think I have to mail them the prescription first..I dunno...i kind of half-ass read the site instructions so far...My insurance is crap and wont cover it either..you may want to check out Candapharmacy.com. to save $$$ when your tubes run out.

http://www.canadapharmacy.com/cart/index.c...;productid=1829

a 1oz tube is over $100 and the pharmacist said I could get that instead of 2oz. I checked CanadaPharmacy.com and 0.05%, 30grams(1oz) Tazorac is only $50 plus shipping. I may order it from there if I cant find a cheaper pharmacy near my house. Kind of a hassle though.. I think I have to mail them the prescription first..I dunno...i kind of half-ass read the site instructions so far...My insurance is crap and wont cover it either..you may want to check out Candapharmacy.com. to save $$$ when your tubes run out.

http://www.canadapharmacy.com/cart/index.c...;productid=1829

THANKS! :)