Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellokittygirl

Going to try mineral makeup!!!

hi girls...so i've been reading up on all the great reviews on mineral makeup...i know how it's supposed to be great for your skin, esp. if you're acne prone. i have been using MAC studio fix for a long time...and recently switched to tinted moisturizer. but, after reading all the great reviews about mineral makeup, i'm soooo tempted!!! :cool:

I have tried Bare Escentuals once and really didn't like. i hated the coverage and just didn't get how to put it on...the steps looked simple enough but for some reason, after i applied it, it looked as if i didn't put anything on...my red marks were still very clearly visible. So my question is...can you girls tell me EXACTLY how to apply mineral makeup (concealer, foundation, etc)? and which brand should i try? i have read great stuff on this site about Signature, Joppa, Everyday, and Aubrey Nicole? any recommendations???

thanks so much. i'm hoping that mineral makeup will be as great for me as they are for you! :pray:

Haven't tried, but I'm thinking of ordering samples from www.meowcosmetics.com :D

But if you take a look, would you then please tell me, if I'm the only one who suddenly can't get excess to their foundations? It shows an error site :confused:

get your samples from everydayminerals for sure and also signatureminerals.com offers free samples.

I use EM regular powder brush, but I've heard the premium one is nice.... along with my other ones I got from costco ;)

I use a combo of buffing in circular motion and sweeping it on. I use a VERY small amount, and tap the brush off to make sure there is hardly any on before buffing/sweeping it on.

I realllllllly want to make a video, but can't until at least the weekend, too much to do this week!

good luck, and when you find the right one, you will LOVE it! :D

Haven't tried, but I'm thinking of ordering samples from www.meowcosmetics.com :D

But if you take a look, would you then please tell me, if I'm the only one who suddenly can't get excess to their foundations? It shows an error site :confused:

do you use a separate concealer with your mineral foundation? i notice that signature has a concealer but darn, i can't get it as a sample...should i buy it or do you think foundation can be used as a concealer too?

do you use a separate concealer with your mineral foundation? i notice that signature has a concealer but darn, i can't get it as a sample...should i buy it or do you think foundation can be used as a concealer too?

Rikke - I can get on the site ok....hmm. maybe you should try again. it does look like a cool site... :D

You can use the foundation as a concealer too..... although on EM you get a free sample of concealer with it as well (and they don't cost $1 each).

Oh, and the meow site JUST worked for me!

My friend figures out what's wrong - if you click the picture, it won't work, but if you click the text, it will :P

But is it just me, or did they just change the amounts in the samples? :confused:

i just finished ordering my samples! i went crazy and ordered samples from Signature, Meow Cosmetics, and Everyday Minerals. i love how they offer free samples (except for meow but it's $1...i guess not too bad). i can't wait til they get here. i'll let you guys know after i try them!!! hope they look good :pray:

i just finished ordering my samples! i went crazy and ordered samples from Signature, Meow Cosmetics, and Everyday Minerals. i love how they offer free samples (except for meow but it's $1...i guess not too bad). i can't wait til they get here. i'll let you guys know after i try them!!! hope they look good

Keeping my fingers crossed! :D

I just dunno which shades to order :confused: If I threw in a pic, would you guys help me? Please? :P

I just dunno which shades to order :confused: If I threw in a pic, would you guys help me? Please? :P

of course we will help! :D

also, if you send your picture to any of the companies (EM or joppa especially), they will help you as well and suggest which samples to try!

of course we will help!

also, if you send your picture to any of the companies (EM or joppa especially), they will help you as well and suggest which samples to try!

Thanks! :D (But beware - I may make you queasy! xD)

I'll post pics once I've done my mask :P

Rikke - do you use any other cosmetics brands? for example, i used MAC studio fix in NC30..and usually that's how i kinda match my shade with girls who use the same color. but picture works too so go for it.

I've been really interested in MEOW minerals too...love the theme, but I've read alot of reviews on other message boards. Here are a few

I just got a few Meow samples the other day and I really wanted to love them but the foundation seems so dry. I like that it was matte but my face felt a lot drier than it did with BE. Has anyone else experienced that? I don't know if it really gave me the coverage I wanted either. Those of you that love this foundation, what is it you love? With BE my redness was gone and the coverage was really nice. I really want this with Meow!!!

Ginger, I had the same experience with Meow. I so wanted to love it (as many do), but it didn't work for me. Even though my skin can start out dry in the a.m., it can turn shiney by afternoon. So, in the morning I looked dry and by afternoon the foundation would separate on my face. I know, I know, there are more application techniques I could try, differnt primers, lotions and potions...but, honestly, I want easy and simple! I've since found another line that does just what I want. Still a bit bummed about Meow, but everyone needs something different. Don't be afraid to try others!

Thought I'd pass it on. I still may order some to check it out. I do like the big jars, but if it's a really dry formula, then I've wasted my money.

Gigglebox: Thanks - it's always great with some reviews :)

Though, I think I'll try some Mau and Siamese colours. The others seem too pale/chalky for me.

I just don't know which shade would work :think:

Does anyone know how light these shades are? I'll probably end up ordering Mau and Siamese Sleek, Frisky and Naughty.

Lol, I could be a naughty Siamese (Meeeeoooow! xD)

Ok, stupid me - when I want to order, I add the samples to the bag. Done.

Then in the shipping menu, I choose Denmark and then it says:

US-SAMPLES ONLY

US-ALL OHTER ORDERS

CANADA-SAMPLES ONLY

CANADA-INCL FOUNDATION

CANADA <5 Items NO FOUNDATION

INTL-SAMPLES ONLY

INTL-INCL. FOUNDATION

INTL <5 Items, NO FOUNDATION

Which one am I supposed to choose? :confused:

INTL-SAMPLES ONLY? (God, I feel stupid xD)

well yeah, if youre just getting the samples currently, click intl - samples only.

thats how it appears to me

Glominerals makes an awesome concealer - called Glo Camoflage. I use a small concealer brush, and I found that even the absolute tiniest amount of this concealer goes a loooooonnnnnggggg way. I swipe it across the concealer and then brush it on my hand before I even apply it to my face, so I'm just getting a small amount. I don't know about you, but I hate it when you can see a dot of concealer on someone's pimple. I have kind of oily skin, so the mineral foundations tend to look cakey on me, even if I go super light. I always loved Studio Fix, but I haven't used it in a long time! Does Studio Fix break you out at all? I don't think Mac claims it is non-comodone forming, but I'm thinking about using it again - the coverage is superb!!!

I was using Canary Cosmetics mineral makeup. There's onl 2 ingredients, but it seems to evaporate off my skin too quick.

gigglebox - thanks so much for the reviews! good thing i didn't order too many samples...LOL...but i have to say, they're quick at shipping stuff out. i already got a confirmation email this morning that they've shipped my order out...woooo hoooo...i cant wait to try. i'll give you girls an update after i try my samples...

june bug - i used to LOVE mac studio fix. it offered great coverage and didn't make me break out...the problem is, i stopped using it and started using tinted moisturizer instead (for about 1 month). then last weekend, for some reason i just decided to give my studio fix a use....OMG....my pores LOOKED huge. either my pores got really big or i just never realized it before. i washed it right off and put on my tinted moisturizer and everything was fine and dandy again...but give it a try...i know a lot of people use it and would not use anything else...it does feel kinda heavy though hence the good coverage. i'm asian with light-medium skintone...with slightly yellow/beige undertone and i'm an NC30...good luck. let me know what you think!

Ok, now I'm actually giving you pictures! (And I guess you know how uncomfortable I must feel :confused:) :unsure:

Front

Right

Left

Oh God! :confused:

Anyways, the light is very bad, but I hope it helped a bit.

Which shade do you think would work for me?

Ok, now I'm actually giving you pictures! (And I guess you know how uncomfortable I must feel :confused:) :unsure:

Front

Right

Left

hey rikke - your skin doesn't look bad at all! honestly, it looks smooth and even toned. so it looks like you're light to medium and have pinkish undertones. so if you're ordering from meow cosmetics, i would say...the "chausie" (cool) or "himalayan" (pink). maybe you can get samples in both...and maybe order one in medium so you can mix if the light is too light. i hope this helps...but i'm no color matching expert...LOL...and i don't know anything about mineral makeup so not 100% sure if the colors are as they say they are....that's why you should get samples...btw, i hear that if the everyday minerals colors don't work for you, you can continue ordering sample kits until you find the right color! so hope the colors work for you.

Thank you so much hellokittygirl! :D (It actually means a lot to me!)

I'll order some samples right away :cool:

a bit..... but to choose a colour that will match correctly I think you might need to do the pics with natural/sunlight lighting.....

but thank you for being brave and posting your pics! I know it's hard, but on here it's normal for people to post pictures at their worst (we don't judge, I swear).

You look like you are VERY pretty, hopefully the mineral make up will make YOU feel like it ;)

Oh thank you finallymejess! :) (Dunno if I agree, but thanks anyways :P)

I've actually always thought you looked so pretty on your avatar :D

Yay Rikki for posting your pics! You are LOVELY !

Can you describe your skin tone to go along with the pics? I think that will help us make shade suggestions =)

Front

Right

Left

You look so much like my family members! (my mom is Finnish). You are super pretty!

Can you describe your skin tone to go along with the pics? I think that will help us make shade suggestions =)

I'd like to, but I really have NO idea of HOW xD

I'm not pale, but not very tanned either..

I've always thought I had kind of warm undertones, but I really have no idea! Perhaps I'm neutral?

Sorry - I'm not being very helpful here :P