Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HAKOB

help me with this

which one causes more acne.

Salt or sugar?

Alcohol or Weed?

And what should i do not eat at all.

PS. Sorry if i put this topic in wrong section.

Hi HAKOB!

I think anything in excess is going to be bad for your body. You'll want to limit both salt and sugar intakes, because high amounts of those could hurt your body. As for alcohol and weed... I don't know how they affect acne, but I do know that they damage your body mentally/physically. Alcohol might add stress and make you sleep less which in turn will damage your skin. Stress leads to skin problems most of the time. I'm not so sure about the weed though, you'll have to ask someone else :razz:

which one causes more acne.

Salt or sugar?

Alcohol or Weed?

PS. Sorry if i put this topic in wrong section.

I believe the people who believe acne to be diet-related, me included, consider sugar the biggest bad-guy. "The Paleo Diet" (if you have read about this book) has the opinion that sugar, salt and quite frankly all kinds of refined and pre-fabricated foods are sinners.

But I think it's up for yourself to decide. If you want to get to the bottom of this, try writing down times when you eat extra amounts of sugar, salt or drink alcohol or smoke weed (I assume it's that kind of weed!? :razz: ) and then check if your acne responds to this. There's really no idea in avoiding all these things you really enjoy, if you don't see any effect on your acne.

Fiyero, Wolfheart tnx both of you for responding.

I am from Russia and all my life i use to drink alcohol and sometimes smoke weed. And always after any of those i got a new pimples.

I also like Salt, i use it on everything lol :angel:

Now like 15 days that i am on accutane i am not using any of those . But i kind of miss them and i am scared that i will get new pimples.

Tnx for support. I wish you guys luck too.

Fiyero, Wolfheart tnx both of you for responding.

I am from Russia and all my life i use to drink alcohol and sometimes smoke weed. And always after any of those i got a new pimples.

I also like Salt, i use it on everything lol :angel:

Now like 15 days that i am on accutane i am not using any of those . But i kind of miss them and i am scared that i will get new pimples.

Tnx for support. I wish you guys luck too.

Hehe of course, Russia is the home of Vodka ;) I think some people believe that the reason why we get new pimples from alcohol is that it is very drying and dehydrating. My older brother, who also drinks quite a bit in the weekends, has told me he always makes sure to drink lots of water after a night with alcohol to re-hydrate yourself

About salt, I found that it is not that hard to let go of. There are plenty of other ways to spice up your food, if you look into it a little bit.

Thnx man you gave me good and useful information.

Yeah and i find out that when you drin alcohol too much and after that when you sweat you sweat alcohol. And that breaks you out.

One other thing. What about BUTTER . Is it bad?

Thnx man you gave me good and useful information.

Yeah and i find out that when you drin alcohol too much and after that when you sweat you sweat alcohol. And that breaks you out.

One other thing. What about BUTTER . Is it bad?

I think you'll find this article to be helpful.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Does-Food-Aggrav...y&id=348151

According to the article "iodine and its salt iodide stimulate the sebaceous glands and cause acne eruptions." It also lists some foods and the iodide content of each one.. Butter got a 26, which I guess in an OK score, considering beef liver got a score of 325! :surprised:

Hello, Iam Josip from Italy. I woud like to know is there anyway to get acnes by not eating enought bread.

I know it is a stupid question, but i have acnes as long i know for myself and thats a big problem of mine.

Tnx!

Fiyero tnx it is really useful for me.

Jopi i think that not enough eating bread wont cause acne. But i that black bread is more good for acne than white one. so i try to it only black bread

Alcohol seems to help my acne. I don't know why.

Salt DEFINITELY helps VERY MUCH, but not by eating it. When I go swimming at the beach I get salt on my face constantly and it dries into my face when I get out of the water. It helps so much, it's like a miracle for me.

Sugar, I don't know. Doesn't affect me. And weed, well, sometimes it doesn't affect my skin and sometimes it does. I don't know if I'm imagining it or not, but it definitely doesn't help. (Me, at least.)