Notifications
Clear all

POWDER SUNSCREEN

MemberMember
(@mistiquedarkness)

Posted : 11/21/2006 11:01 am

WELL..We all know Cameron Diaz is a prominent celebrity that suffers from acne.

She was once rated the worst looking because of her skin.

I was reading my SELF magazine that I got in the mail and she happened to be gracing the cover.

ONE OF THE QUESTIONS LOOKED LIKE THIS

SHE HAS STRUGGLED WITH ACNE ALL HER LIFE. TRUE

"I had terrible skin problems" Diaz admits. "I tried everything--facials,products, medication--But my skin didn't change significatley until I stopped smoking two years ago." And the further I got away from cigarettes, the better my skin kept getting." While ditching her decade long , pack a day habit took care of her deeper complexion issues, she still remained frustrated by occasional superficial blemishes. "I don't smoke. I wear sunscreen every day. I get facials. I use proactive. What the fuck is it? Well.."she says, leaning in as she is about to give away a state secret, "I recently discovered..." She pauses again for dramatic effect. "Through a friend.." Another deep breath. "Powder sunscreen." She says it again, proudly. "Powder Sunscreen! I am not using lotions anymore, and my skin is completely different. I haven't had a pimple since! I mean, are you kidding me? Thats all I had to do this whole time? (Her favorite brand in Sunforgettable SPF 30 by Colorscience.)

Now this woman has been a dealing with acne problems for ages and she is 34. Yes The smoking helped. But even when she stopped she had issues.

Does anyone have more info on Powder sunscreen. Is this bogus?

OR HAS anyone tried this?

I LOVE Cameron she rocks. Anyone with an attitude like that with horrible skin is a lesson to us all.

THANKS!

BeCK!e

Dan Rules! Together we will win this war

MemberMember
(@beauty-bot)

Posted : 11/21/2006 11:03 am

interesting! I'd try powder sunscreen for sure!

cameron is one of the ones that is going to crash and burn when HD movies/tv is the norm, she looks AWFUL and make up doesn't cover her acne and her scars.

MemberMember
(@mistiquedarkness)

Posted : 11/21/2006 11:05 am

interesting! I'd try powder sunscreen for sure!

cameron is one of the ones that is going to crash and burn when HD movies/tv is the norm, she looks AWFUL and make up doesn't cover her acne and her scars.

OH MY GOD I agree fully. Her attitude about things is the shiz-nizzle though!

MemberMember
(@beauty-bot)

Posted : 11/21/2006 11:08 am

OH MY GOD I agree fully. Her attitude about things is the shiz-nizzle though!

although, if I had Justin T at home for me..... I wouldn't give a crap what movies I was or wasn't picked for.... he he he

MemberMember
(@discobloodbath)

Posted : 11/21/2006 11:47 am

uhm.... EM's foundations come w/ a natural SPF of around 15, which is the same amount of SPF in all the moisturizers ive ever tried. so, can their foundation fill in?

p.s. why must everything i want have to be soo expensive? just googled that Sunforgettable thing she uses: $45. need i say more?

MemberMember
(@pink126)

Posted : 11/22/2006 11:12 pm

I think it is the same thing as mineral makeup with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. it's just that the mineral makeup has color and this doesn't.

MemberMember
(@acalabre)

Posted : 09/07/2013 2:59 pm

I've used Peter Thomas Roth, Colorscience, and Neutrogena Healthy Skin pressed powder and love them all. I hate the greasy feeling of sunscreen and lotion just breaks me out, but powder sunscreen is awesome. It is super easy to apply, gentle, and actually makes me enjoy wearing sunscreen everyday. Highly recommend!