Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I always seem to break out after an increase in sex or masterbation. This normally is not a problem seeing as I don't get laid more then like 4-5 times a year anyway, but yesterday I had an opportunity to and I tossed it down because I knew I had to get my photo ID taken for my Job. Am I a shitheaed or concerned "diseased" man (sad.gif I'm such a dipshit)

Yup, you're a shithead. biggrin.gif

But I suppose certain people could, theoretically, break out after increased sexual activity, for some hormonal reason, although that would SUCK. I'd ask a doctor if there was a correlation, because I sure don't have MD after my name! Try keeping a sex/acne journal. O:) I'm actually serious.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Weird. Mine actually cleared up.

The hormone that causes high sex drive is the dominant male hormone - testosterone. Increased levels of testosterone often causes acne as well. That's why when you get laid, you tend to break out a little - cause the hormone levels go up. It's the same in women, our testosterone increases when we have sex too. So, it makes sense.

Seriously though, I would rather have sex than dodge one or two zits. biggrin.gif That's just me though.

You know it's funny, I really started to masterbate everyday after 6th grade just about everyday, even 2 or 3 times a day... lol... kind of embarrassing to mention but I notced in 6th grade... that's when I started breaking out was when I started this excessive masterbation.I mean masturbating once a while or having sex once a while doesn't hurt, but I think doing it excessive amounts... may increase the testerone level... also, males wasting sperm constantly ejaculating everyday most do a little stress in our bodies.I'll try to stop masterbating for 2 or 1 month and see if there's any results.... Interesting subject.I too often break out... when I constantly is sexually active alot, but I tend to break out real bad when I'm on a bad diet of eating snacks and junk food & at the same time masterbating alot.... I can't say masterbating is the problem for everyone but I think it could be for me... Everyone is different.

Trust me...you're not the only one to masturbate more than once a day, especially on an online messageboard. 6th grade you were probably just getting into puberty, maybe a year or two into it at most if you started early, that's probably why you started breaking out.

Oh well, not like I've personally done any studies on it, so it could be another cause of acne. I don't think it's worth giving up though.

I shall continue to beat it, and love every minute of it.

Guest agentx

lol ... right u are mercer ... why pass an incredible night for 2 zits? i`d settle for 2 CYSTS lol.

CheerS!

i thought that sex is good for your skin :-k

well anyways sex is way too good to give up because of acne

I"m going to perform a test for all other males in which can't control their hand. I'm going to stop beating it for a month starting today (11/09/03). AAaaaaah, the horror.

At first i thought it might be a good idea, but decided that its just based off loose thought. The doctors say its not connected, good enough for me! Sure hormone levels may rise when you have sex, but i dont see how it could really affect your sebum production. A little testosterone from masterbating or having sex will do barely anything, in my opinion. Plus, think about all the people you see that DONT have acne. Every clear faced guy you see probably beats it, and you dont see them having outbreaks. Honestly, if masterbation caused acne or even contributed, what guy WOULDNT have acne =p

Myth: Masturbation or sex causes acne

Reality: This antiquated notion is just plain wrong. Don't believe the hype.

Guest fatman_uk
Myth: Masturbation or sex causes acne

Reality: This antiquated notion is just plain wrong. Don't believe the hype.

Guest Crooked I
I\"m going to perform a test for all other males in which can't control their hand. I'm going to stop beating it for a month starting today (11/09/03). AAaaaaah, the horror.

I\"m going to perform a test for all other males in which can't control their hand. I'm going to stop beating it for a month starting today (11/09/03). AAaaaaah, the horror.

Look, I know I'm a girl - but I still *ahem* please myself fairly often and I've never noticed any change in acne what so ever. Why bother w/ the experiment? If you find out there is a correlation are you going to stop masturbating forever? Not likely. Just enjoy it man biggrin.gif

Guest agentx

"Please myself" lol ... u amaze me mercer wink.gif u gO!

Look, I know I'm a girl - but I still *ahem* please myself fairly often and I've never noticed any change in acne what so ever.  Why bother w/ the experiment?  If you find out there is a correlation are you going to stop masturbating forever?  Not likely.  Just enjoy it man biggrin.gif

Guest Crooked I

Plus, when the thirst is quenched, so to speak, the fruits of the labour (or lack of it) will be all the sweeter.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder as they say biggrin.gif/

Guest agentx

"wecandothis" leave it at that .. im sure she`s already pissed at why she wrote that ... in front of all us LOL. Mercer wink.gif

And umm ... "Uruk" ... LOL!!! no she does not ... goddamn wat is it with all u ppl? starting from me ... all of us talkin abt wat she said ... damn us wink.gif