Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Info-blizzard

Where did all the needlers go?

I remember quite a number of topics popping up some weeks ago where people had started self-needling, or enquiring about it (me included). What happened to everyone? Has anyone seen results?

Just browsing through some of the needling threads from way back, I also notice the topic starters have been absent from this forum for ages. I can only assume they found success, hence no longer frequent these boards?

I remember quite a number of topics popping up some weeks ago where people had started self-needling, or enquiring about it (me included). What happened to everyone? Has anyone seen results?

Just browsing through some of the needling threads from way back, I also notice the topic starters have been absent from this forum for ages. I can only assume they found success, hence no longer frequent these boards?

ive seen results but ive only done it once...ill do it maybe 3 or 4 more times, once each month, and eventually post progress pics.

i done 2 sessions of needling by a tatoo artist on 2 scars on my left cheek 3 years ago i got about 20-30% improvement.

I did three myself. I'm not really sure whether they're was any improvement or not. I heard it can take up to 6 months to really see results. I'd do more, but I just started accutane today.

I've done self-needling once. I was due for my second session almost two weeks ago, but didn't do it because I thought I simply made my skin worse the first time. Hmmm... looking at it now I'm not quite sure. Another one couldn't hurt, right? Lol.

Optimistic, I thought you got negative results from needling. Or was that from microdermabrasion or something?

I've been needling for about 6 months and I have seen AMAZING results. I just had a zit that popped under my skin and it was litterally bleeding in the inside, it became purple and discolored and left a deep pit where the inflamation destroyed the tissue and remained like that for a month and a half. It wasn't healing, it was a mess!! Nasty little bi...! I kept massaging, massaging the point until I made sure the inflamation was down. Then I used needling to drain some of that left over blood under the skin. Slowly, and in 2 week intervals, the discoloration began to fade. After that, the pit began to fill in. When it became obvious that the scar was filling in, I stopped the needling and just applied Tazorac on top of it to fade the rest of it. It is almost gone now.

I had good results w/ self- needling however I was NOT prepared for how i looked the next day i think I poked ea. scar like 20-35x's at home microderm aggressively was horrible.

No offence, but if needling was that successful I doubt the majority of us would still grace this board. I ressearched it, tried it - followed all the instructions and precuations - and it did nothing for my skin.....but make it WORSE.

I have heard amazing results, but the bloody stress, I left it all up to a professional, cause I was so close and did not wish to go downhill. If you have never started treatments, you probably have nothing to lose.

I'm pretty well done with it and may continue with very light microlasers to keep it fresh like 2 times a years or once, a year.

Do it right though. And be careful!!

No offence, but if needling was that successful I doubt the majority of us would still grace this board. I ressearched it, tried it - followed all the instructions and precuations - and it did nothing for my skin.....but make it WORSE.

Everyones different and I hope u find success w/ something else. :)

Everyones different and I hope u find success w/ something else. :)

Yup, and if you don't heal well, or if you have done other invasive treatments, ANY treatment would have the same results (as needling), if not much worse.

Needling is hardly invasive....just think what would happen if you had done dermabrasian.....

I would disagree that needling is 'hardly invasive', if you're sticking a needle into your skin so that it breaks up the collagen in the dermis, it clearly is invasive.

I needled about 5 of my scars last June. 1 looks the same, 4 of them look worse. These scars were formed when I was about 16 when my skin healed better than now. I'd say if your skin heals better now than when the scars formed then needling might improve them, but if the opposite is the case it could well make them worse.

I hadn't read any negative experiences on here b4 trying needling so I did 5 at once and now regret this. I can't stress enough that ppl should try only ONE SMALL scar at first and wait at least 3 months to see if it improves things b4 trying any further scars.

yes I agree with u floss as far as trying one small scar first and then waiting. To, 2, to many people on here give advice and do not tell u what to expect afterwards or what the downtime might b and or do not mention n-e thing about testing a small area first I think we all need to look out for each other and if u are not going to take the time out to explain something COMPLETELY then u should keep your suggestions to yourself.