Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babooz

these acne mind games

I think i have pretty bad acne/dermatitis/complexion.. yet others say theres nothing wrong. Like i asked my mom for her HONEST HONEST opinion and she said there was nothing wrong.. some mild acne thats normal. And then im paranoid about my seborrheic dermatitis (redness between my eyebrows). I told my friend that it was bothering me and she said she never noticed it before until i said so.. (WOW ive been stressing about it for like years). She says its slightly pink.it doesnt even matter ..while i think it makes me look HORRIBLEEE. I dont know ... but like they say .. you're your own worst judge. I've NEVER had anyone talk about my acne except for like a few when i get a big o busted pimple i picked at and theyll go .. what happened right there!? (as if my skin was clear , and then something appeared). I see people with worse acne than me and still look decent but i think i dont look good. It's so weird. Maybe it's the lightin? I wish i could borrow somebody's eyes and see myself. I cant trust my own eyes.

P.S. Is fluorescent light the same as white light? or are they different? white light as in like ummm... light from like those portable lamps when you switch on/off it takes 1-2 seconds and soemtimes flickers? or like from your computer screen? They're pretty bright but i still look pretty decent... the light from my kitchen (Fluroescent i think) makes me look horrridd ..

You see yourself every day and you can pick out every flaw so that could be why you see yourself as looking terrible when in reality you probably don't look too bad. I think most people (including myself) can totally understand where you're coming from.

Just don't look in mirrors! Works for me :D

I think fluorescent lights are the brightest kinds of lights and they just seem to highlight ever flaw and blemish. And magnify things. If they're the ones I'm thinking of, I hate them

I think i have pretty bad acne/dermatitis/complexion.. yet others say theres nothing wrong. Like i asked my mom for her HONEST HONEST opinion and she said there was nothing wrong.. some mild acne thats normal. And then im paranoid about my seborrheic dermatitis (redness between my eyebrows). I told my friend that it was bothering me and she said she never noticed it before until i said so.. (WOW ive been stressing about it for like years). She says its slightly pink.it doesnt even matter ..while i think it makes me look HORRIBLEEE. I dont know ... but like they say .. you're your own worst judge. I've NEVER had anyone talk about my acne except for like a few when i get a big o busted pimple i picked at and theyll go .. what happened right there!? (as if my skin was clear , and then something appeared). I see people with worse acne than me and still look decent but i think i dont look good. It's so weird. Maybe it's the lightin? I wish i could borrow somebody's eyes and see myself. I cant trust my own eyes.

P.S. Is fluorescent light the same as white light? or are they different? white light as in like ummm... light from like those portable lamps when you switch on/off it takes 1-2 seconds and soemtimes flickers? or like from your computer screen? They're pretty bright but i still look pretty decent... the light from my kitchen (Fluroescent i think) makes me look horrridd ..

I know how you feel, I felt the same way. I went to the derm over my seborrheic dermatitis, and the first thing he said was "where is it at?" I had redness all over my cheeks, neck, between the eyesbrows, jawline, you name it. Others may not have noticed it, but I knew it was there. We are our own worst critic, what we think is bad, others may not even be noticing. I really don't talk to anyone about my acne either, it's kind of personal you know. I don't think I'd want others to know how much I think about it anyways.