Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plehelttil

Help might do something stupid

I had this pustule on my right cheek for about 2 months now and I keep thinking about breaking it with a needle.(syringe) I can't tell if the head is still there or not as the whole thing is a dark black/purple/brown color. The skin area right above has also turned a brownish color similar to when you have an after mark from a pimple but this area could only have this happen if the pustle is somehow causing it as the skin was fine prior. Really now, I did my best not to do anything to the area in hopes that it wouldn't leave a scar afterwards but I'm kinda getting worried that it will get worse or it's actually going to leave an even deeper scar. Help! I really need some advice on what to do as I'm on my wits end here.

Try putting some aloe vera gel on it and a plaster over top when you're at home maybe? At least you didn't touch it or do anything to it! It probably won't leave a scar.

I had this pustule on my right cheek for about 2 months now and I keep thinking about breaking it with a needle.(syringe) I can't tell if the head is still there or not as the whole thing is a dark black/purple/brown color. The skin area right above has also turned a brownish color similar to when you have an after mark from a pimple but this area could only have this happen if the pustle is somehow causing it as the skin was fine prior. Really now, I did my best not to do anything to the area in hopes that it wouldn't leave a scar afterwards but I'm kinda getting worried that it will get worse or it's actually going to leave an even deeper scar. Help! I really need some advice on what to do as I'm on my wits end here.

I've had 'em like that before (got one right now, in fact). They take forever to go away, but they do, eventually. I've been spot-treating mine w/a clay mask, but it doesn't do much. It would probably go away faster if you lanced it, but would most likely leave a scar. Those kind are annoying!