Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellokittygirl

What to do about this pimple?

I have this pimple right between my eyebrows...man, i hate getting zits there...it was totally swollen today and even a little itchy. i can see that the white head is coming to the surface...and the skin is a little dry at the tip. i'm scared to pop it because i had a bad experience popping this other one near my temple (the white head had surfaced but no matter how hard i squeezed it, the white stuff wouldn't come out). so my question is...what do i do? i'm using differin at night and duac in the daytime. should i just continue to use duac on it? if i do, what will happen??? i'm used to popping zits so i don't know what it happens when you let a pimple "naturally heal"...any suggestions?

I have this pimple right between my eyebrows...man, i hate getting zits there...it was totally swollen today and even a little itchy. i can see that the white head is coming to the surface...and the skin is a little dry at the tip. i'm scared to pop it because i had a bad experience popping this other one near my temple (the white head had surfaced but no matter how hard i squeezed it, the white stuff wouldn't come out). so my question is...what do i do? i'm using differin at night and duac in the daytime. should i just continue to use duac on it? if i do, what will happen??? i'm used to popping zits so i don't know what it happens when you let a pimple "naturally heal"...any suggestions?

Whatever you do, DON'T pop it! Please :pray: You'll regret it later. What you want to do now is decrease the inflammation. You can do this by taking an ice cube, wrapping a napkin around it, and applying it directly against the pimple. Do this for about 5 minutes or so, it's up to you. just don't freeze your skin. Another option is the aspirin mask. Take an aspirin or two, dissolve it in water and make a paste out of it with your finger. Apply the paste directly over the pimple and wait about 10 minutes. This should dry up the pimple considerably and decrease the size. This always works for me :dance: Good luck! :comfort:

If you let it naturally heal then it'll show for a few days but it'll get smaller and smaller and then poof it'll be gone. If its ready to burst I'll usually help it on its way (you can put ice on it/hot water) and that'll help get rid of it but it'll leave red. So red or white are your options.

thanks guys for the advice...i won't pop it. i just know that if i do, it'll turn out 100x worse...but last time, when i had a pimple in the same area, i didn't pop it but for some reason, it just popped on its own...but it got all bloody and nasty..and it took the scab 1 week to go away. it's almost like, damn if you do, and damn if you don't :evil:

thanks guys for the advice...i won't pop it. i just know that if i do, it'll turn out 100x worse...but last time, when i had a pimple in the same area, i didn't pop it but for some reason, it just popped on its own...but it got all bloody and nasty..and it took the scab 1 week to go away. it's almost like, damn if you do, and damn if you don't :evil:

Yeah, sometimes they pop on their own :angel: but if it pops on its own, then that means it's ready to pop and let the nasty stuff out. If you pop it, then you're kind of disrupting the natural cycle of a pimple :lol: So yeah, it's a good idea to just leave it alone and ice it to decrease the inflammation. Good luck! :comfort:

Yeah, sometimes they pop on their own :angel: but if it pops on its own, then that means it's ready to pop and let the nasty stuff out. If you pop it, then you're kind of disrupting the natural cycle of a pimple :lol: So yeah, it's a good idea to just leave it alone and ice it to decrease the inflammation. Good luck! :comfort:

You know what's weird? my pimple is itchy...it's almost like a bug bite with a pimple inside...LOL. is that even possible? but i notice that there's the white head surfacing, but at the same time, it's swollen and itchy like a bug bite... :doh:

You know what's weird? my pimple is itchy...it's almost like a bug bite with a pimple inside...LOL. is that even possible? but i notice that there's the white head surfacing, but at the same time, it's swollen and itchy like a bug bite... :doh:

hey differin mate...sorry to hear bout the "bitch" of a pimple ur battling with...had the same thing on my cheek two days back...managed to not touch it for really long..after a shower yesterday..it came to a head ..so gently popped it...its healing well... k here's wat i did ..iced it ..morning n evening ..used bp on it morning n evening...good luck with urs...keep us posted... :D

hey differin mate...sorry to hear bout the "bitch" of a pimple ur battling with...had the same thing on my cheek two days back...managed to not touch it for really long..after a shower yesterday..it came to a head ..so gently popped it...its healing well... k here's wat i did ..iced it ..morning n evening ..used bp on it morning n evening...good luck with urs...keep us posted... :D

hey there maximus...how's that differin working for you? i hope you're doing OK. i have about 3 active pimples right now...the others are healing slowly. this one is just a bitch because it's at such a noticeable area...right between my eyebrows!!! AHHH. but i think i'll leave it alone. use my differin tonight then the duac tomorrow...i'm trying not to screw it up. it's just that the itching is bugging me...wondering if it's the differin??? remember how you were itching for a while too?? :think:

today the white head is showing...kinda on the surface but it's still swollen and a little itchy. i don't know what to do. i put duac on it this morning. i don't know if i should just pop it or leave it alone. i'm afraid it's gonna pop on its own anyway...last time that happened, i had a scab for a whole week. any suggestions?