Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using jojoba oil for just under 2 weeks now. The first week and a half was fine but in the last couple of days I've noticed some small clear and red bumps emerging in different spots on my face (only nose has red ones) Is this some sort of purging? like the jojoba oil is bringing the bad stuff to the surface not actually causing the bumps? i was just sort of confused because i was fine for the first week and a half and thought that would be the purging stage if anything. will it stop soon ? i'm worried :rolleyes:

Guest yankeemix

you know i had the same concern...But it didnt make me break out tha tmuch at first...Then later i couldn't tell if it was the oil or the cleanser I added..I have heard that jojoba oil can cause purging...I saw comment about this on www.drugstore.com

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

my thread is here with the same concerns..

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=127548

so i see we are suffering the same fate :( my skin is really sensitive so my theory is that lately i've been using 4-5 drops of jojoba oil mixed with my moisturizer instead of my usual 3 (i was very careful in not using too much of it in the beginning) and i'm thinking 4-5 drops is just enough to clog pores or something. anyways i'm back down to 3 and i'll let u know what happens. good luck with your regimen too. btw, the St. Ives scrub might be a little harsh if you've got sensitive skin, all that gritty stuff makes my skin bumpy.

Jojoba isn't for everyone, it breaks me out something fierce. I've had zero problems with emu oil though, maybe try that.

Guest yankeemix

Jojoba isn't for everyone, it breaks me out something fierce. I've had zero problems with emu oil though, maybe try that.

where can i find this oil?

hey, i'm having the same problem. i got off the regimen and started kiss my face olive oil and gree tea soap and jojoba oil at the same time. it was fine at first but then i started breaking out horribly. i don't know which is the culprit: stopping the regimen, the soap, or the jojoba oil. i'm very disheartened right now so i was wondering if any of you can update your current situation right now.

thanks a lot.

hey, i'm having the same problem. i got off the regimen and started kiss my face olive oil and gree tea soap and jojoba oil at the same time. it was fine at first but then i started breaking out horribly. i don't know which is the culprit: stopping the regimen, the soap, or the jojoba oil. i'm very disheartened right now so i was wondering if any of you can update your current situation right now.

thanks a lot.

I suspect a combination of going off the regimen and using that soap ....

does the kiss my face olive and green tea soap break people out? has there been reviews on it?

edit:

nvm, i researched the forum and found answers. =)