Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i told her about my peel. i drove to the place which was far away. i called and told her i was going to be late from school cause i was going to get a peel done. so now she told my grandma and i know she is going to tell my dad... then they are going to bring it up at the table. i shouldn't of said anything to her. i didn't think she would blab that. i look fine atm too and peeling wont be so bad. fucking mom pissed me off. she has no idea how i feel about myself. i wish i could just move.

and then when i got mad at her she got pissed at me. she just dosen't have a fucking clue.

It doesn't sound like too big of a deal...you did pay for it yourself right? If so, they shouldn't have a problem with it.

i know but i don't want thanksgiving to be about my face... you would think that if i told her something like that she could just keep her fucking mouth shut. i only told her i went to get the peel cause i knew she would be paranoid if i was 2 hours late.

yeah, my mom always brings up the fact that i'm on accutane. it gets kind of annoying. just ask them nicely not to bring it up at the table.

my grandma called a few min. and asked about my face... i yelled at my mom. i just want to know her fat ass out. if my brother wasn't in the same room i would tell her exactly how i felt.

i don't bring up the fact that she wears wigs and dentures... oops.

Ohh...they're probably thinking something bad happened to your face and that's why you're getting it.

If the conversation does turn to your skin just tell them you don't feel like talking about it at the moment..or just get up and leave. I would hate to talk about my acne at the dinner table with everyone....especially with extended family and whatnot. It's too personal of an issue.

i hate it that you're so upset. :(

but i dont think its that big of a deal darlin. i mean, why do you care what your family thinks??

they're family. :)

Guest ThereIsHope

my dad has told my ENTIRE extended family on both sides that im going on tane..............which incudes my gorgeous flawless-skinned cousin. :wall::wall:

i hate it that you're so upset. :(

but i dont think its that big of a deal darlin. i mean, why do you care what your family thinks??

they're family. :)

hahaha good point.

im supposed to peel but my face wont be red. it'll just look like i have dry skin. i should of just said, plz don't mention this to anyone. but i assumed she would understand that having something done to improve what i'm embarrassed about would be personal. i just want to eat turkey and not have to explain this..

would you want to talk about something you hate about yourself at the dinner table?

in my case i got to the point when i actually told my mom in front f a family friend who also was/is an acne sufferer that it isnt nice to talk about our skin/acne or keep comparing us w/ those clear skinned. that she knew not a single thing about how terrible we feel. fortunately, she stopped it.

my dad has told my ENTIRE extended family on both sides that im going on tane..............which incudes my gorgeous flawless-skinned cousin. :wall::wall:

i'm not really embarrassed at all about being on accutane, i just don't think it's her business telling people about my personal medical stuff.

i'm not embarrassed about wanting to improve myself. i think i'm quite courageous for confronting my problem. i just want to enjoy my thanksgiving.

she said 'i'll tell them not to mention it at the table.' great...... now they will all know how shitty i feel about myself. i just told her she should of never of opened her fucking mouth.

i told her about my peel. i drove to the place which was far away. i called and told her i was going to be late from school cause i was going to get a peel done. so now she told my grandma and i know she is going to tell my dad... then they are going to bring it up at the table. i shouldn't of said anything to her. i didn't think she would blab that. i look fine atm too and peeling wont be so bad. fucking mom pissed me off. she has no idea how i feel about myself. i wish i could just move.

and then when i got mad at her she got pissed at me. she just dosen't have a fucking clue.

You only get 1 mom. You don't know what you got 'til it's gone. :| Case closed.

:ninja:

i love my mom but this pissed me off.

when my grandma called. my younger bro picked up the phone and said, "i don't know what he did to his face." then i looked at my mom and said, "i can't believe you told her that." she had a sly smile and said, "i don't see what the big deal is." she is such a fucking idiot.

god damn i threw a lot of f- bombs :)

i bet its going to be brought up at the table.

you sure did. and thats what makes it worse. trust me. i have GAD. general anxiety disorder. the more you let something get to you the worse it'll be. like, i get so mad sometimes that i break things. thats no way to be an adult about it. so i try to control it.

so, my advice is to go to your mom. tell her how you feel. dont just say. "dont tell anyone." tell her why and that it kills you when she does. and that if she wants you to be happy she'll understand. chances are... she will :)

you sure did. and thats what makes it worse. trust me. i have GAD. general anxiety disorder. the more you let something get to you the worse it'll be. like, i get so mad sometimes that i break things. thats no way to be an adult about it. so i try to control it.

so, my advice is to go to your mom. tell her how you feel. dont just say. "dont tell anyone." tell her why and that it kills you when she does. and that if she wants you to be happy she'll understand. chances are... she will :)

i would but younger brother is in the room and they can be a pain in the ass, especially mine.

im sorry.

well, when do they go to bed? catch her when ya'll are alone.

your mom loves you and would do anything to make you happy in life, im sure. so trust me with this one. just talk. or even write her a note. leave it on her purse or in her room. or just give it to her. she'll understand its imporatnce and the need to keep it quite :)

its a big enough deal when you make a post about it :) and if it has you cursing like a sailor. haha!!

just dont worry about it.

if it comes up at the table just say, yeah... and my face is getting better. and then change the subject ppl, will get the hint.

I agree with Necromancer.. you may feel mad at her right now, but that doesn't change the fact that she's your mom. I'm sure she didn't know it was going to get you upset this way :(

i'm not mad now i was when my grandma called. ummmm if they mention it i might say something i'll regret to my mom and just leave.