Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matheus

Great Primers

I'm really interested in using a primer to hide my pores but I heard some can break you out. Can anyone recommend a good one?

I'm really interested in using a primer to hide my pores but I heard some can break you out. Can anyone recommend a good one?

look into smashbox.

Look on make up alley about milk of magnesia....odd choice i know but apparently even smashbox's primer contains the stuff. You have to experiment a bit to find the right concentration for you. Usually half MOM and half water does fine for me.....then just apply with cotton wool. Let the water evaporate and pores should seem smaller and you get a more matte finish. Costs about £3 here in the uk.

Look on make up alley about milk of magnesia....odd choice i know but apparently even smashbox's primer contains the stuff. You have to experiment a bit to find the right concentration for you. Usually half MOM and half water does fine for me.....then just apply with cotton wool. Let the water evaporate and pores should seem smaller and you get a more matte finish. Costs about £3 here in the uk.

whoa cool. i loove all these homemade treatments that ive heard about in this board. :D

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

MOM is great for oil, but it doesn't do anything for the pores.

Well I just went out to one of the cities and bought some Smash Box primer. I applied it, put my makeup on with my brush, and my skin looks so smooth! I'll make sure to save it for occasions and always use a thin layer. Thanks though. :)

Guest blackheadben

Almay pore minimizer is a very good item. Primes and perfects!

oooh looking for a primer? this is the one I use:

IPB Image

ITS THE BEST! it has like two shades...for warm/cool skin tones. It also has SPF25 in it. It makes your makeup go on sooooo much smoother (especially if you have a breakout)... I really like it.

I got mine at Target or you can try drugstore.com

Amen about MOM... love it :)

Though not intended as a "primer," I use philosophy's Hope in a Bottle... 2% BHA (salicylic acid) and a slight mosturizer... works like a charm :)