Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Creative Peeps! Need your help with tube design. Reward.

I designed 2 tubes myself, but I don't think I'm happy with them. I'll attach them to this post and you can let me know what you think. Keep in mind that they are just printed on paper and wrapped around a tube, so it will look better printed on the actual tube.

Still, I would like your help in designing a tube. I know it could be done better, and in a more eye-catching way. I have only 2 colors to work with because I want to keep costs low, but that is the only limitation. Photos, designs, text, anything is fair game.

Whoever submits the winning design, I'll give you a year's worth of the new product for free, and a big hug :-) Plus I'll put your name on the tube for all to see. I would think this would actually be a pretty cool thing for a budding graphic designer. Lots of exposure.

If you're interested in submitting a design, let me know at [email protected] and I'll send you over the specs. Deadline is Sunday, November 16.

Thanks!

Dan

user posted image

user posted image

Sgt. P., Evan, Pete, I'll send the specs to you now. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

-Dan

Guest fatman_uk

How about every finished design gets posted in here? Then we can see how it's goin, what each other is up against, etc.

BTW - Send me the details, i may have a go. biggrin.gif

-Gaz

Yes! Post the details here and I'll defenitely give this a shot! Are you keeping design to a minimum for cost? Do you want a simple design??

Here are the specs, and the entrants so far. The specs are not to scale, however. If you want the real .pdf file, I can send it. Baically, we need to design just the right half of the specs. The left half with the bar code is where all the ingredients go. Also, turns out 2 colors actually means 1 in print language. So 1 color is all we have to work with. The design can be simple or complex, I'm open to either. Let me know what you think so far.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Dan,

Just graduated from a top 10 business school and wanted to make a suggestion (yep, 2 cents).

I think "The Regimen" is a lot more powerful than "The Clear Skin Regimen."

The Regimen sounds like it is the ONLY answer, while the "The Clear Skin Regimen" sounds like everything else that is on the market.

People around here call in The Regimin and I think that works really well.

"The Regimin" = A very bold statement encompased in 2 words.

Great point FromChicago. Thanks a lot.

The name of the book that's coming out in February is "Clear Skin", so it is called the "Clear Skin Regimen" over and over in the book. Still just go with "The Regimen"? Thoughts?

I like all the designs, but I really like the first one (directly underneath the specs) with the purple. It's really simple and attractive. I kind of agree that 'the regimen' sounds better than 'clear skin regimen.' Just my thoughts.

BTW - all you guys who did those designs - they all look really good! biggrin.gif

Guest fatman_uk

Yeah, i'm wary of weather or not to try now after seein those, lol. They're dam good, my fave is the last one.

-Gaz

Dan,

The Regimen is stronger. "Clear skin" is a generic term that you can't own in the minds of consumers. You can own the the "regimen" because within the context of medications I don't associate it with anything else.

I think you should think seriously about the colour and the style of the product...it shouldn't be based on what is best relative to other designs submitted it should be based on what is distinctively different relative to other products on the market. You should post some pics of competitive products so people here know what not to replicate.

Great point FromChicago. Thanks a lot.

The name of the book that's coming out in February is \"Clear Skin\", so it is called the \"Clear Skin Regimen\" over and over in the book.  Still just go with \"The Regimen\"? Thoughts?

Guest agentx

Yea i agree with fatman ... last one ... the Dark purple one RawKz! Dan i wanted to mention this but couldnt ... well ... i cant help u with the tube design cuz ive never done that sorta stuff ... i can just make u a LOGO ... like the last purple one ... saying BP GEL or watever ... but i cannot design the whole tube ... shud i give it a go anyway?

And secondly, i am an excellent web designer ... can work in flash and stuff ... so if u need ANY help updating the acne.org site ... gimme a msg. It needs a makeover anyway hehe .

CheerS!

I really want everyone to try. I am not necessarily looking for the slickest design. This is a .org and the design can reflect a homey feel no problem.

A logo is fine, that's really all I need.

Here are the smiley face ones that Sgt. Pepper did too, and another that I just got in my e-mail, done by a 15 year old!

user posted image

user posted image

it would be easier and would look better if it was a horizontal design but its vertical #-o