Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
porad

Ingrown hairs on accutane.. grrr

Ugh I always seem to get a ton of ingrown hairs on my face during my courses (I'm on my second course now). Anyone else experience this?

Ugh I always seem to get a ton of ingrown hairs on my face during my courses (I'm on my second course now). Anyone else experience this?

Are you a male? cause if so whats the big deal? If your a female, dont worry much those hairs can easily be removed down the road.

stop shaving on accutane. i didnt get ingrowns but pseudofolliculitis barbae so i shave only once a week and im fine now.

I'm 24. That's not really an option. And it seems to get worse if I don't shave daily..

Are you a male? cause if so whats the big deal? If your a female, dont worry much those hairs can easily be removed down the road.

Don't worry about what? Shaving daily? I need to for professional reasons.. and as for just accepting them, in addition to looking like acne, which is the reason im on 'tane to begin with, they tend to itch.

Are you using a technique to minimize ingrowns? They are worse when you use a multi-bladed razor because they cut so close that the cut edge winds up under the skin's surface. A simple single blade is much more likely to cause ingrowns but you'll have to settle for a shave that's not as close.

you dont HAVE to shave for professional reasons. every job can have a beard. even military or cops if you have a medical reason. get a "no-shave chit." otherwise grow a beard. let your supervisor know the situation and even be ready with a doctor's note to show them when you explain. they will be like "OK" as if they could care less.

Some companies require men to be clean shaven and permit no facial hair. Somehow i doubt a doctor's note about something as minor in the grand scheme of things as ingrown hairs would work, but it's worth a try if the OP is willing to grow out the beard a bit.

trust me you can get a medical allowance. i was in the marines and got one. they took one look at my face and said ok "no shave chit" i shaved once a month.

having a beard looks much more "professional" than a nasty ingrown PFB face.

its illegal for them to require you to be clean shaven if its medically necessary. pretty sure it would be illegal even if not.

besides to you really want to work for a company that makes you break out by requiring a silly regimen of scraping ur face 1-2 a day?

when you get fired or leave in a year whatever they are paying u will not be worth a lifetime of scars from ingrowns.

google "pseudofolliculitis barbae" or "acne nuchae" (sp?) its not that little bumb shit that whiteboys get. this is curly haired mens problem that causes giant scarring cysts.

Are you using a technique to minimize ingrowns? They are worse when you use a multi-bladed razor because they cut so close that the cut edge winds up under the skin's surface. A simple single blade is much more likely to cause ingrowns but you'll have to settle for a shave that's not as close.

My skin's too sensitive for a razor.. I've been using an electric for years.

And James, please understand this is something I'd like to resolve rather than grow a beard to put a bandaid on the situation. If that's your approach, why wouldn't you do it to cover up acne?

Maybe a different electric designed with this problem in mind?

I didn't know there were any specifically designed to avoid or alleviate this, but I'll certainly look.