Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sugarshocked91

A question about differin and clindamycin

My derm. perscribed Differin gel to use in the morning and Clindamycin Phosphate gel for night and Plexion cleansing cloths for both day and night. I used this regimen before and worked really well but then my perscriptions ran out and my doctor wouldn't perscribe them again until I saw her (which took about three months). I don't really remember if I had any acne flare-ups after using Differin for the first couple weeks because I started the regimen about two years ago. But, I read somewhere in the reviews for Differin that the Clindamycin will help keep the Differin from flaring up the acne. Does anyone know if that is true? I also read that using Differin in the evening is better than in the morning? Any suggestions or personal experiences?

My derm. perscribed Differin gel to use in the morning and Clindamycin Phosphate gel for night and Plexion cleansing cloths for both day and night. I used this regimen before and worked really well but then my perscriptions ran out and my doctor wouldn't perscribe them again until I saw her (which took about three months). I don't really remember if I had any acne flare-ups after using Differin for the first couple weeks because I started the regimen about two years ago. But, I read somewhere in the reviews for Differin that the Clindamycin will help keep the Differin from flaring up the acne. Does anyone know if that is true? I also read that using Differin in the evening is better than in the morning? Any suggestions or personal experiences?

yeah, i heard that differin works better in the evening because something about the sunlight affects it. plus it thins out your skin so the sunlight would make your skin worse when using differin in the daytime. i'm currently using differin at night and duac which contains BP and Clindamycin in the daytime....

I'm doing the same as hellokitty. I was first using bp all over in the morning..but have now switched to spot treating during the day (those were my options). I wash and put on differin at night, so far so good.

I'm doing the same as hellokitty. I was first using bp all over in the morning..but have now switched to spot treating during the day (those were my options). I wash and put on differin at night, so far so good.

yeah i find that using duac all over is too drying...so i use it as a spot treatment only....

Longhorn - do you use duac before or after you moisturize?