Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zippo

I sometimes wish.....

I was never born.

After starring at my face last night, and seeing my awful scars, redmarks, and pimples I've breaking out in, I could help but be depressed. So all I could think before I went to sleep was how I just wished I was never born, so that I would have never had to ever put up with this crap. It's not even just my skin that I hate. It's my hair, my face, my body, my personality. I don't think there's really anything I like about myself. I saw these really handsome guys on TV, and I couldn't help but feel envious, because I know I'll probably never look like that. I also think the stress I have from school and about the way I look is probably what's causing me to breakout so badly. Ugh, I'm just so fed up with life right now.:mad:

i wish there was something i could say to make you feel better.

there are some days when i feel real low like you. i just know that things will be better. i'm only 20 years old... i still have a life to live.

After starring at my face last night, and seeing my awful scars, redmarks, and pimples I've breaking out in, I could help but be depressed.

Me too! Except I believe I can be clear soon!

It's not even just my skin that I hate. It's my hair, my face, my body, my personality.

Me too! Except I like my personality!

I saw these really handsome guys on TV, and I couldn't help but feel envious, because I know I'll probably never look like that.

Me too! Except http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...127084&st=0

I also think the stress I have from school and about the way I look is probably what's causing me to breakout so badly.

Relax. You will be VERY CLEAR after Accutane. Good Luck!

when you feel low, try volunteer work. i think somebody mentioned it on these forums, and i just noticed the same thing. helping others feels really good. places like soup kitchens, or any other shelters makes you feel better. my fav. is going to animal shelters but thats my opinion! there are lots of different ways to help others!

when you feel low, try volunteer work. i think somebody mentioned it on these forums, and i just noticed the same thing. helping others feels really good. places like soup kitchens, or any other shelters makes you feel better. my fav. is going to animal shelters but thats my opinion! there are lots of different ways to help others!

I can't do anything about me being born, unfortunately. Maybe if I could go to sleep and dream my life away. But I know how you feel.

*sighs*

Thanks, but I just finished the volunteer work I was doing last friday. I was helping ESL senior citizens learn english. Overall I did enjoy doing it, but I don't think it ever really made me feel better.

Zippo is your avatar Charmed as in the tv show? i loved that show!

Yes it is. Charmed is my favorite show.:wub: I hate that I missed the series finale though. I waited for it and I don't think it ever came on. I don't know how I could have missed it.

I guess I'm just having one of those days. Maybe one day I can accept myself.

Zippo is your avatar Charmed as in the tv show? i loved that show!

Yes it is. Charmed is my favorite show.:wub: I hate that I missed the series finale though. I waited for it and I don't think it ever came on. I don't know how I could have missed it.

I guess I'm just having one of those days. Maybe one day I can accept myself.

they have reruns on tnt all the time. that's where i saw the finale. i use to watch it in 6th grade!! i can't believe the show lasted that long. it was kinda boring after shannon left. i love that bitch lol.

and hey don't get down on yourself. i don't really know you but from what i've read here, we are a lot alike. if you need someone to talk to, to make life more interesting and enjoyable, i'm here and obviously the entire forum is.

ps. the show seriously copied sex and the city. ask phoebe? please.

I was never born.

After starring at my face last night, and seeing my awful scars, redmarks, and pimples I've breaking out in, I could help but be depressed. So all I could think before I went to sleep was how I just wished I was never born, so that I would have never had to ever put up with this crap. It's not even just my skin that I hate. It's my hair, my face, my body, my personality. I don't think there's really anything I like about myself. I saw these really handsome guys on TV, and I couldn't help but feel envious, because I know I'll probably never look like that. I also think the stress I have from school and about the way I look is probably what's causing me to breakout so badly. Ugh, I'm just so fed up with life right now.:mad:

I know how you feel. I know how tough it is to feel hopeless :( Just try to keep your chin up, as hard as that may be... there's always a rainbow after a storm :D

I was never born.

:comfort::wub:

I was never born.

No No NO!! Don't be like that! And yes, it is the stress causing you to break out. Stress affects your hormones which puts them out of whack and affects your whole body. Don't talk about not wanting to be born, that is bad, bad, bad! Your skin problems are TEMPORARY. People with clear skin have issues to deal with too. The person I know with the absolute best skin, hair and body I've ever seen in person has Multiple Sclerosis. I don't know about you, but I would rather have the zits. At least they go away. And don't compare yourself to celebrities. We don't have the opportunity to smell their B.O. or bad breath or see their greasy hair because they spend like 10 hours in makeup and hair and then are air-brushed on top of that. Have you ever seen any pics of them on their days off? I have, and they have ZITS, bags under their eyes, etc. In other words, they are normal. Now I will get off of my soap box. Think positive! Sending good vibes your way, too :angel:

they have reruns on tnt all the time. that's where i saw the finale. i use to watch it in 6th grade!! i can't believe the show lasted that long. it was kinda boring after shannon left. i love that bitch lol.

and hey don't get down on yourself. i don't really know you but from what i've read here, we are a lot alike. if you need someone to talk to, to make life more interesting and enjoyable, i'm here and obviously the entire forum is.

ps. the show seriously copied sex and the city. ask phoebe? please.

I'm at school when they play the reruns on TNT, and I don't have TiVo so I can't really see them. I'll see it one of these days though.

Prue aka Shannon was my favorite character. I came to love Paige, but she was definately no Prue.

ps. Phoebe was sexy as a writer, and you know it.lol It was about time they gave her an actual job. I was kind of tired of her staying at home all the time.

Sending good vibes your way, too :angel:

Your good vibes along with everyone else's have been recieved.:cool:

Zippo, I know how you feel. :doubt:

I go to bed too many nights just thinking I hate myself and wish I could die. I feel a little better in the morning, but not much. I just wonder how a simple thing like skin can stop us from doing so many things and alter our way of thinking so much. But life would just be so much easier with clear skin...

I hope everything goes okay for you.. have a good holiday too

I'm always here if you need to chat

It's a nasty circle isn't? A tough one to break a tough one to crack. Let's face it trying to re-assure yourself by saying that a skin condition is mostly superficial, doesn't make you feel better. Why? Because then you get down on yourself about feeling down on yourself...Woh Compound the downward feelings. It can be a gnarly ugly spiral. But how does it get fixed?

I read something the other day that I will paraphrase.

How we think affects how we act. Repeatedly action creates Habit. Habit molds our character. Our character defines our destiny.

Ok so that's pretty deep. But let's break it down.

If we think about our acne problem we act by going to the mirror to look at it. Then we get into the Habit of staring at it in the mirror.

That's easy to figure out but how does it affect our character and our destiny?

Repeatedly looking at it causes us to become depressed so our character is starting to establish itself as being down. If we continue to allow this our Destiny is affected by preventing ourselves from doing things we should do. Missing out on dates, family, friends. It all starts with think.

Changing how we think is the hardest thing to do. So let's not try to change how we think instead let's change how we act. Instead of staring in the mirror, think of a counter action that you can use that forces you to use your mind for other things. Excellent option is to read a book. Learn a musical instrument. Do something that requires focus away from the acne. Go for a walk, if yo live somewhere that is safe to do so. The point is, break the habit of staring in the mirror. Don't go to bed with starring in the mirror as the last thing.

I have a theory that if you are concerned about the nature of a feature on your face, the more you stare at it the more prominant it becomes. I have a freind who is concerned about the size of her nose which is actyually quite small, not michael Jackson small, but small. Yet Often when I see her, she prclaims to me that her nose is getting bigger. There is no way her nose is getting bigger, yet for some reason she has convinced herself it has. I think the same is true for those who have low confidence due to acne, the more they stare the worse it seems because the acne becomes fixated in their mind. Example if you stare at a black and white image for like a minute then look at a white wall or paper, you still see the black and white image.

It's a nasty circle isn't? A tough one to break a tough one to crack. Let's face it trying to re-assure yourself by saying that a skin condition is mostly superficial, doesn't make you feel better. Why? Because then you get down on yourself about feeling down on yourself...Woh Compound the downward feelings. It can be a gnarly ugly spiral. But how does it get fixed?

I read something the other day that I will paraphrase.

How we think affects how we act. Repeatedly action creates Habit. Habit molds our character. Our character defines our destiny.

Ok so that's pretty deep. But let's break it down.

If we think about our acne problem we act by going to the mirror to look at it. Then we get into the Habit of staring at it in the mirror.

That's easy to figure out but how does it affect our character and our destiny?

Repeatedly looking at it causes us to become depressed so our character is starting to establish itself as being down. If we continue to allow this our Destiny is affected by preventing ourselves from doing things we should do. Missing out on dates, family, friends. It all starts with think.

Changing how we think is the hardest thing to do. So let's not try to change how we think instead let's change how we act. Instead of staring in the mirror, think of a counter action that you can use that forces you to use your mind for other things. Excellent option is to read a book. Learn a musical instrument. Do something that requires focus away from the acne. Go for a walk, if yo live somewhere that is safe to do so. The point is, break the habit of staring in the mirror. Don't go to bed with starring in the mirror as the last thing.

I have a theory that if you are concerned about the nature of a feature on your face, the more you stare at it the more prominant it becomes. I have a freind who is concerned about the size of her nose which is actyually quite small, not michael Jackson small, but small. Yet Often when I see her, she prclaims to me that her nose is getting bigger. There is no way her nose is getting bigger, yet for some reason she has convinced herself it has. I think the same is true for those who have low confidence due to acne, the more they stare the worse it seems because the acne becomes fixated in their mind. Example if you stare at a black and white image for like a minute then look at a white wall or paper, you still see the black and white image.

Thats a great theory and i'm not saying that that doesn't happen to people, but there are some things that don't change no matter how you think about it or how you try to feel about it.

I was never born.

I used to have this feeling. And think it all the time. the fact is, I was born, I was born for a reason, and I think I've been given a chance in life, so im makin the most of this opportunity. Life's not fair so of course i've scene alot of people who've seemed to have it so much better and easier than me, but who cares, I've been given enough of a chance so thats all it takes. And guess what, im only more motivated and secure of my future than anyone else and thats going to ony come through for me.

Now what I said about myself,applies to you, and pretty much everybody on this org. Its all true.

I like myself, but other people don't that's my problem. :D

no, thats there problem.

Thats a great theory and i'm not saying that that doesn't happen to people, but there are some things that don't change no matter how you think about it or how you try to feel about it.

As long as that is the way you approach it, you are absolutely right. The fundamental key is believing that you are capable of change and embracing it. It can be a hard thing to do, especially once you get to the poiont where thoughts of not existing are dominating. You have to want to change your thinking, have to want to love life, have to want it, and want it bad. Unfortunately too many people forget about wanting happiness and instead focus on wishing that the unchangable was different. Example wishing you never were born. Well...nomatter how bad you want it and how bad you wish it, you were in fact born, and nothing ever can erase that fact.

So Rather than wishing the iompossible, and dwelling on the negative why can't a person change themselves? Why can't they learn to love themselves and the lives they live? I know many of the people in here are teenagers, and though I am 31 I remember what it is like to be a teenager...Yes I I know how you feel. And let me re-assure you in almost all cases acne is temporary.

This particular forum is about the pschological affects of acne, it definately has massive affects and unfortunately times itself to hit us when as a whole we are at our most unprepared to deal with it. It may seem an impossible task, but it isn't. We can all accomplish it.

A jopurney of a thousand miles begins with one step.