Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
link626

any strict vegetarians have acne?

Jen:

Restricted: All Dairy, All Grains, All Legumes, All Salt / Sweeteners.

Allowed: All Animal products, nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables. I believe thats it.

99% of what i eat is meat.

99%! According to The China Study, which the New York Times called this investigation the "Grand Prix of all epidemiological studies" and "the most comprehensive large study ever undertaken of the relationship between diet and the risk of developing disease," you are making your chances of getting cancer go way up due to eating that much meat. You are consuming a huge amount of meat. Dr. Joel Fuhrman, a doctor for the Discovery Health Channel, also believes that the more animal products you eat, the greater your chances for cancer.

As for acne, Dr. Fuhrman believes eating healthy plant-based diet with LOTS of leafy greens is the way to go. He mentions how important greens are for those suffereing with acne. If I were you, I would work on decreasing the amount of meat you eat, and I would begin eating leafy greens by adding green smoothies to your diet. To learn about green smoothies, click here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=108917

Jen:

Restricted: All Dairy, All Grains, All Legumes, All Salt / Sweeteners.

Allowed: All Animal products, nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables. I believe thats it.

Does anyone know why Cordain makes a case against legumes? I hear that lectins get mentioned but the reasoning for avoidence seems shaky. Something like lentils would be a great addition to a Palo style diet with the blood sugar stabilizing.

Does anyone know why Cordain makes a case against legumes? I hear that lectins get mentioned but the reasoning for avoidence seems shaky. Something like lentils would be a great addition to a Palo style diet with the blood sugar stabilizing.

Isn't it because they're considered "new" foods? I believe the paleo diet is more ideological than practical, which is why I don't follow it.

I only feel the need to restrict the things that give me acne.

I have been vegan for years and I still have acne. I have recently cut out wheat, though it has only been a couple of days. Will report back if anything happens with that!

Isn't it because they're considered "new" foods? I believe the paleo diet is more ideological than practical, which is why I don't follow it.

I only feel the need to restrict the things that give me acne.

Yeah, it's part because they're "new" (he wrote some paper on the late emergence of grains and legumes in the human diet), and it's also part because of the lectins and antinutrients... I think that's it.

Dan would know the answer!