Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fl0wer

BRANDY help me figure my biggest question

Hey brandy, i read it that following the regimen PRECISELY is the best way to do it. I'm wondering if incorporating jojobal oil slows down the process to clear skin. I use it after cleansing the rest is the same.

If i didnt use jojoba oil after cleansing and followed the regimen exactly, will i have faster/better result?

Hi Flower,

Jojoba oil is something new that many of us have been trying with the Regimen, so I'm not sure how it will affect someone who is just starting out. Most of us that have added it have been on the Regimen for awhile.

Dan has done some reading in regard to jojoba oil and it is supposed to be something beneficial to the skin, so I don't think it could slow down the process unless your skin was sensitive to it or something like that.

Unless your skin is flaky and none of the moisturizers have seemed to solve the flakiness issue, adding in jojoba oil in the beginning is probably unnecessary.

I'd recommend go ahead and begin the regimen using just the 3 steps (mild cleanser, bp, moisturizer). If you find that your skin is just too dry and/or flaky, you can try adding in jojoba oil a little bit later on.

I'll go ahead and link Dan to this question so we can get his input on when to add in jojoba oil, because this is a good question.

You guys are all still toying with Jojoba oil eh, I think I was the first to introduce this to the regimen?

I'm still using it, although atm I'm using a moisturiser that contains Jojoba oil from the Body Shop. It's good stuff and very moisturising.

Jojoba oil I believe helps carry the BP deeper in to your skin, it helps heal your skin and of course moisturises.

I would personally add Jojoba at the start, although that is the ONLY thing I would ever recommend adding to the regimen.

I would wash, while face is still wet massage in 4-6 drops of Jojoba and then dab face dry, wait 10 minutes and apply BP then finish off the regimen as normal.

I don;t think Jojoba will slow down how fast it will work, if anything it will aid it.

All of the above is only my personal take on thing.

Good Luck

Paul

Hey Paul,

good to see you! I had forgotten about you using jojoba! That was indeed awhile ago!

That's how I've been doing it too, adding about 5 drops after cleansing but before BP, then following with a moisturizer. Other people are adding 3 drops to their moisturizer and using it that way.

Hey Brandy, good to see you too.

I massage it in when my face is still wet, stops it being quite so shiny. Though my new moisturiser has Jojoba oil in it, saves me a step.

p.s why do you have a 20% warning ;) I'm guessing you've not been a bad gal.

p.s why do you have a 20% warning ;) I'm guessing you've not been a bad gal.

:lol: that was a little joke. :shifty:

Where is a good place to buy jojoba oil?

I ordered mine from drugstore.com

other people have found it at healthfood stores or GNC.

I think it's probably fine to add jojoba from the start. It is non-comedogenic and may actually be good for acne prone skin. It is not even really an oil. It is a wax ester which is similar to sebum.

Having said that, some dryness is not necessarily a bad thing. Part of why benzoyl peroxide works is because it dries and peels the skin, both inside and outside of the pore. This makes it less likely that skin cells stick around and clump together, causing a blocked pore and a pimple. So, don't be concerned about a little bit of dryness. However, if you're very dry, jojoba is great at taking care of that in a gentle way that may prove to be beneficial. We'll have to have more people try it and see how it goes, but so far the news is almost entirely positive.

Alright so I've been reading about the Jojoba(cool word!) oil and I'm wondering, should everyone use it or just people with extremely dry skin?

If it does indeed help the BP get into the skin faster, and better should I incorporate some of it in my regimen?