Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyleee

Accutane

I wouldn't say accutane is good for you besides the fact that it helps stop your acne. I believe you have to have monthly blood tests to monitor your liver and before you can go on accutane you have to have a blood test to make sure its ok for you to go on it. As well if you are a girl you might have to go on birth control as if you become pregnant while on or around the time you were taking accutane the baby will have severe problems.

There is also a list of side effects you can probably find by reading on the internet or having a discussion with your dermatologist or doctor about. I am not a doctor and I know very little about accutane. I myself was reccomended accutane by my family physician but am hesitant to take it do to the side effects i have read about on the internet. Although he seemed to make it seem like not that huge of a deal.

Just some thoughts definatly get some other opinions though. Its definately a lot more serious then say taking a tylenol for a headache :)

Hi

I have light to moderate acne. Is Accutane good for you and are the side effects that bad? Thanks

Kyleee

1)Yes, it's been good for me. skinwise

2)No

but I don't really know your case, what have you tried to clear your skin? accutane is usually used after other things fail.

I wouldn't say accutane is good for you besides the fact that it helps stop your acne. I believe you have to have monthly blood tests to monitor your liver and before you can go on accutane you have to have a blood test to make sure its ok for you to go on it. As well if you are a girl you might have to go on birth control as if you become pregnant while on or around the time you were taking accutane the baby will have severe problems.

you definitely have to use birth control and they make you get monthly preg tests.

accutane was soo good for my "moderate therapy-resistant pustular acne". basically i had some whiteheads that responded to nothing. accutane cleared me fast.

the side effects were hard. i got the accutane rash on my forearms really bad cos i didnt moisturize. i had to use olux (clobetesol propionate) a coricosteriod to get rid of it.

then it came back all over my body so i went of accutane again. its been 3 weeks now. i dont think i will go back on. but my acne is GONE for like 2.5 months now. i love it.

only wish someone told me about it ten years and ten scars ago.