Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
d33ds

how'd you help your oily skin?

I was just wondering if there are any people with success stories about how they got over their oily skin? Thanks

I was just wondering if there are any people with success stories about how they got over their oily skin? Thanks

I have oiliy skin, and I'm starting accutane next week which should perminently get rid of it.

You can try blotting the excess oil with a tissue. Or try brushing some powder on your face, like mineral powder :)

aloe vera gel and palladio rice powder fixed it for me.

What is palladio rice powder? This doesn't make you break out? I've heard that rice-based facial products can be bacteria forming. But who knows what to believe anymore

You can try blotting the excess oil with a tissue. Or try brushing some powder on your face, like mineral powder :)

Unfortuantely, these just band-aid the problem, they don't FIX it. I have oily skin and truly believe it is the full cause of my acne. Oily skin allows bacteria to spread more quickly. It opens your pores which allows more bacteria to enter pores at a faster rate. Be very careful when blotting. BLOT. DO NOT RUB tissue across face as this just spreads the oily bacteria around your face and pores before removing the excess shine. Also be careful when applying any kind of make-up or regular powder to reduce or "cover" shine. Blot before applying any powder as you again do do not want to spread the oil.

I have tried everything there is over the counter. I've tried little tricks I read about (like dipping in hot water). Been to the dermatologist and been prescribed lotions, creams, antiobiotics. Nothing has worked. Oily skin is caused by over preoduction of your sebacious glands.... it's an internal thing, so nothing external is going to really FIX it, just cover it for a while..... I finally start acccutane this week. I can't wait. I know all about the side effects and I'm not worried. If you read the side effects for any medication or just listen to a commercial for a new med on TV.... they ALL have have scary POSSIBLE side effects. And to me.... it's worth it. I can't live like this anymore, I just can't. 20 years of acne...... I don't have severe acne, I would say sometimes mild, mostly moderate. I ALWAYS have pimples on my face. Along my chin, forehead, cheeks. It was hard to get my dermatologist to agree as it is for SEVERE acne. But I say....when you live like this everyday....feeling this way, that IS severe.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. Keep you posted on my accutane experience.....

Praying for clear skin.

My skin is usually combination, but sometimes it goes into overdrive and my whole face is oily. I read somewhere on the net that eating salmon is a great way to reduce it. You know when you get tired of something you'll try anything? lol Salmon is good for ya anyhow.. Well I went and bought some and ate it. Now, maybe it was the power of suggestion, I don't know. But the next day my face was not shiny like before. Maybe fish oil pills would do the same. But I think it turned the production off because I haven't had another bout with serious oil yet..and that was a month ago. Might be worth a try leastways. Couldn't hurt! lol

Best wishes!

The moisturizor I used ended up making my skin very oily (Cetaphil moisturizing lotion) and then I switched to aloe vera and my skin was not oily at all, it wasn't too dry either, it is a fantastic feeling. During the day I used to feel my face to wipe off oil so I didn't look shiny and of course you know that touching your face makes it irratated. Now I don't have to touch my face at all during the day and my acne has become less red.

Now I am on my first week of using AHA so I'm doing it at night.

My oil slick completely disappeared this year when I changed my regimen to include the following:

Linda Sy mild oatmeal cleanser (pH 6.3)

Green Cream (high-retinol gel)

Hyaluronic acid/emu oil moisturizer

I started with all of these at the same time, and I still use them all .... so I don't know which is responsible. But my skin is now perfectly normal.

It could well be a combination of all 3 factors, now that I think about it ....

-- The cleanser is pH balanced and doesn't damage my skin

-- GC normalizes skin cell production and is anti-inflammatory

-- Hyaluronic acid helps skin cells retain water, helps with healing

-- Emu oil reinforces skin's natural lipid barrier

All of these things combine for healthy, normalized skin.