Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smokey6

why do I have so many whiteheads??

Hey guys. I need help! I've always had a few pimples here and there and finally got tired of it and went to the dermatologist. she barely looked at my face, gave me a prescription for retin a and an oral Rx for minocycline. Well 9 or 10 weeks later my face kept getting worse and worse! I mean my skin was peeling, I have tons of little "craters" I call them on my cheeks and chin. My skin use to be sooo smooth with a few tiny breakouts! Well I stopped using retin A a few weeks ago, hoping to find some other cure for those now pesky little bumps. I've tried egg white masks, jojoba oil, lemon on my face, vitamins, lots of water, special fac washes and nothing seems to work. The worst part is my face really really hurts.. and Im just using all natural stuff on it now!! I've run out of options.. used BP before but didn't like how red my face got and I never felt it helped my situation much... please... any suggestions??

Hey guys. I need help! I've always had a few pimples here and there and finally got tired of it and went to the dermatologist. she barely looked at my face, gave me a prescription for retin a and an oral Rx for minocycline. Well 9 or 10 weeks later my face kept getting worse and worse! I mean my skin was peeling, I have tons of little "craters" I call them on my cheeks and chin. My skin use to be sooo smooth with a few tiny breakouts! Well I stopped using retin A a few weeks ago, hoping to find some other cure for those now pesky little bumps. I've tried egg white masks, jojoba oil, lemon on my face, vitamins, lots of water, special fac washes and nothing seems to work. The worst part is my face really really hurts.. and Im just using all natural stuff on it now!! I've run out of options.. used BP before but didn't like how red my face got and I never felt it helped my situation much... please... any suggestions??

i think you gave up on retin-a too fast. i am/was on retin-a micro and i peeled (alittle) and got tons of whiteheads. the whiteheads heal fast though with the retin-a. the reason i wrote am/was is because i'm taking a break from retin-a micro for a week. i was almost done with my 12 weeks but i guess the combination of dry weather and the thining of my skin from retin-a, i got a flash of eczema that is gone now but i'm waiting to continue with retin-a micro.

be patient.. it works. i'm clear now but with red marks. that's why i'm pissed, bc i have to stop retin-a micro right when i'm clear of breakouts.

If the things you listed aren't working for you, then I suggest you look at what other factors could be affecting your skin condition. Things like increase of stress, decrease in sleep, touching your face with dirty hands, not changing your pillowcases regularly,etc.. could make your breakouts worse :( I hope you get the results you want soon, and I wish you good luck! :comfort: