Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dublin22

Glycolic Acid peel day before big event?

Hi,

I have my birthday party coming up (Wed) and am wondering what I can do to make my rolling scars and hyperpigmentation less evident, before I put mymake-up on.

I was thinking about having a glycolic peel, but I've heard some complaints, and some raves, so I'm wondering if it's a good idea to have one the day before my party.

Does a light peel make the skin glowy and more even after one time, and is it advisible to have it a day before and event, or should I wait a few days because of possible peeling?

Or.......

Should I try something else....like is there a specific facial you would suggest for toning down redness and making skin glow.... or some other trick?

Right now I am just using aloe vera and camilla oil on my skin. I haven't used tazorac for 3 1/2 months because of skin thinning.

Also, one more thing, anyone who is recommending or not recommending a peel or facial, please tell me if you have ever been on Accutane because ot really does change the skin and after having finished it a year ago, my skin is still fragile (scars now when I have pimples)...

Sorry for the long post, but please let me know your experiences!

Thanks!

Please give me some suggestions if you have them.. I know nothing will improve my indentations in a few days, let alone a few months, but the redness and skin tone atleast.

Thanks again.

I was about to post a similar thread, before I stumbled across yours! I've got Uni graduation coming up in a few weeks, and wanted some help re. treatment in advance. Yes, someone please reply - I'll be watching this thread closely hehe.

It might be safe to do a really light peel. Make sure you do a test spot. You never know how your skin will react. I really don't think that one light peel will make much of a difference. Most recommend doing at least a series of six. I think it would be wise to wait. Yes there could possibly be peeling. Just my thoughts - j

You should probably do microdermabrasion.

There are inexpensive kits such as Neutrogena and L'oreal that produce good results.

I've tried GA peels before. I don't know if it's the best choice. You never know if your face is going to be red after it. The results aren't as immediate as microdermabrasion.