Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aslan21154

1st Smoothbeam Recovery Time

I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm a 31-year-old female with minor rolling scarring on my cheeks from hormonal acne. I did one month of Accutane last June, but quickly went off of it. I now use Spironolactone, which has controlled the problem. My skin is typical Irish pale.

Anyway, I am scheduled for my 1st Smoothbeam with Dr. Robert Weiss in Baltimore, Maryland on Monday (Nov. 10th). I would love to reduce my scars and zap a few chicken pox scars, but now I'm getting a little scared. I have a major meeting on Wednesday and I hope I'm not red and puffy two days later. I've read a ton of the posts, but I can't quite tell how things were two days after treatment and if patients had recovered enough to go out in public.

Oh help! I've had this appointment scheduled for months. I've been so excited, but now I'm a bit anxious. I just don't want to look bad for this major thing with people I haven't seen in a long time. If the redness remains on day three, then can it be easily covered with make-up. My scars are on my cheeks.

Thank you for any clarification, suggestions, experiences, etc...

Best to you all!

Chances are the redness will be minimal. But if there is any, you can most likely cover it up with makeup. I would find a heavier makeup beforehand just in case. I had a few small blisters but they were hardly obvious with makeup on. Good thing about being female: we can cover up alot with makeup!

Hey go ahead and do it. =D> Please post your results and prices. I also have minor acne scarring, and I live near Baltimore. Hopefully you will have positive results.

You are so funny----um, ....yeah, you go ahead up along the trail and let us know biggrin.gif

I think I'm going to do it. I'm finding more positive than negative. Plus, I can't really find any Smoothbeam horror stories. I know the doctor does a test spot first.

I met Dr. Weiss when we were regulating the adult acne. If I remember correcty, it's anywhere from $200 to $300 a treatment depending on how much is needed and where it's needed. I'm estimating the whole thing will top out at $1200 if I need 4 treatments. I'll let you know for sure after my appt. on Monday.