Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oliver0055

MY PAELO DIET LOG!

Well I've started the diet, really won't take much getting used to as pretty well the only food group I had to eliminate from my previous ways of eating was grains.. and I even will be adding back some things that I had for one reason or another taken away before.

Here's how day 1 went... will upload a picture just as soon as my camera gets back from repairs!

AM-Scrambled egg/veggie deluxe. (green/red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, green onions)

LUNCH-Massive salad w chicken, various peppers, broccoli, green onions, carrots, some other misc veggies, lemon juice and olive oil for dressing.

-Green smoothie

-Apple

-Orange

DINNER-Rest of salad that was made for lunch...

SUPPLEMENTS:

6 EPA-DHA

4 Multivitamins

8 Borage Oil

2 Lecithin

4 Vitamin E

1 Zinc

2 Vitamin C

all of course taken spread out with meals throughout the day..

My face is currently not looking so hot, looks very unhealthy in colour, 2-3 newbies starting on chin, massive blackhead attack all over.. numerous deep red spots on chin..

I am trying very veru hard to not freak out at all about my face just now and just really convince myself that this is all going to work, but in time.. perhaps in a couple weeks I will be freaking out...

All right. Very cool. Hey, can you take a pic now so we can see a before shot?

Thanks.

DAY 2

BREAKFAST

Some steamed veggies-brussel sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus.. (I know a peculiar breakfast but it was late and I was craving)

LUNCH

Salad w peppers, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots..and lemon juice/olive oil dressing

Green smoothie

Apple

DINNER

Same salad as lunch, ridiculously busy day so I didn't get any meat in there..

SNACKS

clemintines, apples

Same supplements as day 1.

Still continuing to break out... it's horrible. Still haven't got camera back yet.. hopefully soon though!

DAY 3

BREAKFAST

omlette with many veggies

LUNCH

Salad w spinach, peppers, carrots, green onions

Green Smoothie

Clemintime

DINNER

Lemon baked sole(green onions, onions, parlsey)

Steamed veggies-broccoli, carrots, asparagus, brussel sprouts

SNACKS-

clemintines, apples

SUPPLEMENTS

Same as day 1.. EPA-DHA'S down to 2 a day though(ran out of extra bottle, only taking what comes in daily vitamin packs..)

Face is mildly calming down.. forhead is increasing in bumps but chin is much less inflamed, 2-3 active spots.. a couple more popping there way through. Not thrilled about hearing it will take a month or so to stop producing lesions..

Feel as though I need a good exfoliator, ordered some samples of 'paulas's choice' yesterday..

Oh and I also work-out 3-5 days a week... figured I should mention as it is techincally part of my 'regimen'

Overall not finding the diet too difficult at all.. the trickiset part is breakfast but that's because I am avoiding fruit in the am from taking the borage oil.. once my supply of that runs out I am going to just do the diet for a while and see if my face breaks out like crazy from stopping that(hopefully not)Anyways being able to have fruit in the morning will be wonderful, it's so easy! The recipes found on the website are DELICIOUS... so that's a definite pro!

DAY 4

BREAKFAST

a variety of steamed veggies

LUNCH

salad-spinach, peppers, radishes, carrots...

Chicken stir fry-carrots, mushrooms, green onions, red peppers, broccoli (delicious)

green smoothie

clemintine!

DINNER

rest of chicken stir-fry..

SNACKS

oranges, apples.. carrots

SUPPLEMENTS

same as day 1.

Face was looking nice and calm last night when I went to bed.. new pimp's were healing quite nicely, now this morning when I awoke it was like red mark disaster.. very dark..and a nice huge newbie beginning under my lip, tea tree oil and I will be battling that full force though.

Not looking forward to the next few days, will be working like 35 hours+ in 3 days.. probably not going to get much sleep.. am going to make meals for the next few days tonight as I won't have any time at all to be preparing food..

DAY 5

BREAKFAST

carrots and some cauliflower..

LUNCH

cod with cooked veggies-green onions, red onions, carrots..

salad-radishes, yellow peppers..spinach..

DINNER

Cream of cauliflower soup(contained no actual cream..)-carrots, green onions, onion, celery, parsley

SNACKS

green smoothie, carrots, apples..

SUPPLEMENTS

Same as day one, back to 6 epa-dha a day..

Also started with the apple cider vinegar again.. really need something to calm my red marks down.. found that it worked in the passed, only stopped using it because I compeltely changed everythign I was doing.. it also really really helped in getting rid of blackheads.. at least I think that's what it was? haha, anyways my face is hardly oily at all today and my chin doesn't look like a big ball of redness.

There is 3-4ish active spots on my chin.. most of them are very small little whiteheads, there is still a nice big one under my lip though.

Over all I'd say that my face is definitely doing 'something' it's hard to tell whether I'm just imagining it b/c I look in the mirror 400 times a day.. but it seems to look a little different.. obviously no drastic improvements yet but it's definitely not any worse then 6 days ago so that's a plus.

Even if this diet isn't going to banish my acne forever, it surely is making me uber healthy.. I've worked a gazilloion hours this week and haven't dropped dead yet and I thank it for that, lots of energy, not so mcuh in the late hours of the day but whatever!

DAY 6,7,8

Meals were fairly much the same as the other days, still follow to the diet to a T. No cheats what so ever, well ACTUALLY I had this little bit of apple pie the other night at work, didn't have any of the crust or anything but it was obviously mostly sugar.. the entire thing was going to be thrown away and I have honestly had visions of apple crumble haunting my eyes for weeks now so I just went for it. Let me tell you it was f'n worth it. Anyways, as busy as I was I managed to keep to the diet perfectly..

My face is actually looking a little better? I think?

The other night before bed was the best I have ever seen it, well in a very long time.. not sure if it was sleepy eyes but there were like hardly any red marks.. and just a couple healing lesions... of course by the nexy day those dreaded red marks were back... I don't have any newbies though, just a couple of healers.. and an entire chin of red marks..

DAY 9

BREAKFAST

a nice light salad...

LUNCH

chicken stir-fry.. lotsa veggies

green smoothie

2 apples

DINNER

lemon baked sole.. and a large salad

SNACKS

some clemintimes.. apples.. green smothie..

SUPPLEMENTS

Same as always, cept back up to 6 epa-dha a day, and dropped the borage down to 6 a day, 3 am, 3 pm..

STATE OF FACE

Overall pretty calm...for the first time in a long time I actually feel 'alright' with how it looks.. still far from clear though. A fairly large lesion found it's way to my jawline yesterday.. not too noticeable though. 1 or 2 little white heads..other then that just some(a lot) of red marks.. they are definitely getting lighter, and the rest of my face looks healthier, the blackheads on my forehead look like they are going to pop right out soon, it's SO hard not to force them.. but patience I shall have!

Considering it's only been 9 days now and I am already seeing some fairly large improvements, I am feeling pretty confident about this diet. It could also have been the borage and lecithin finally kicking it as apparently it can take a few weeks before that levels out but I guess I'll figure it out when I go off the borage eventually.

If my face keeps at this progression for the rest of the 30 days I suspect to be very impressed with the results.. shall keep posted!

DAY 10

BREAKFAST

Omelette with mushrooms, green peppers, green onions. Leftover cauliflower soup

LUNCH

Apple, raspberries, green smoothie, salad

DINNER

Chicken stir-fry.. salad

SNACKS

apple, raspberries

SUPPLEMENTS

same

STATE OF FACE

Overall pretty calm...for the first time in a long time I actually feel 'alright' with how it looks.. still far from clear though. A fairly large lesion found it's way to my jawline yesterday.. not too noticeable though. 1 or 2 little white heads..other then that just some(a lot) of red marks.. they are definitely getting lighter, and the rest of my face looks healthier, the blackheads on my forehead look like they are going to pop right out soon, it's SO hard not to force them.. but patience I shall have!

Considering it's only been 9 days now and I am already seeing some fairly large improvements, I am feeling pretty confident about this diet. It could also have been the borage and lecithin finally kicking it as apparently it can take a few weeks before that levels out but I guess I'll figure it out when I go off the borage eventually.

If my face keeps at this progression for the rest of the 30 days I suspect to be very impressed with the results.. shall keep posted!

[

That's great! Quick results is always good reinforcement to keep on going. Good luck!

DAY... 9-16..

was extremely busy with work for the last week, didn't have time to even hop on the computer!

Still following, quite well.. Did cheat a little bit on the weekend, had some potatoes and a dessert one night.. absolutely delicious and worth it even if my face does flare up a little.

On Friday or so I noticed my face was looking better then it had in well for as long as I can remember.. now it is looking better, but not as nice as it did a few days ago.. thinking it probably has a lot to do with the cheats I had on the weekend.

I actually have ZERO new pimples.. 6-8 healing ones but my redmarks have gone down CONSIDERABLY.. I think apple cider vinegar has a lot to do with that, I started applying it as a toner about a week and a half ago and can definitely see some major changes.

I really hope my face doesn't blow up again in a few days.. I feel so close but this has happened SO many times and then things go back to worse then before, damn false sense of hope!

Also I have now been off dairy for almost 2 months.. it is said to take it out of your diet for about a month and then reintroduce to see if you react, I am thinking about going ahead and trying that.. I seriously need some variety in my life as I've been eating fairly plainly for a couple months now. I wouldn't go back to eating quite as much dairy as I used to..but the odd bit of cheese in my omelettes sure would be a treat. Debating whether to wait until my 30 days on the paleo is up, but I don't think it really matters too much.. I'll defintely wait a week or so to see if those cheats on the weekend really effect things.

For anyone who is doing this diet and craves sweets like myself.. (purely for the taste of desserts, I mean they are probably the most fabulous thing on the earth) I just pop a couple apples in the oven, either slice them or just cut in half.. toss a pinch or two of nutmeg or cinnamon on top and 30 minutes later out pops a fabulous sweet treat..

DAY... 9-16..

was extremely busy with work for the last week, didn't have time to even hop on the computer!

Still following, quite well.. Did cheat a little bit on the weekend, had some potatoes and a dessert one night.. absolutely delicious and worth it even if my face does flare up a little.

On Friday or so I noticed my face was looking better then it had in well for as long as I can remember.. now it is looking better, but not as nice as it did a few days ago.. thinking it probably has a lot to do with the cheats I had on the weekend.

I actually have ZERO new pimples.. 6-8 healing ones but my redmarks have gone down CONSIDERABLY.. I think apple cider vinegar has a lot to do with that, I started applying it as a toner about a week and a half ago and can definitely see some major changes.

I really hope my face doesn't blow up again in a few days.. I feel so close but this has happened SO many times and then things go back to worse then before, damn false sense of hope!

Also I have now been off dairy for almost 2 months.. it is said to take it out of your diet for about a month and then reintroduce to see if you react, I am thinking about going ahead and trying that.. I seriously need some variety in my life as I've been eating fairly plainly for a couple months now. I wouldn't go back to eating quite as much dairy as I used to..but the odd bit of cheese in my omelettes sure would be a treat. Debating whether to wait until my 30 days on the paleo is up, but I don't think it really matters too much.. I'll defintely wait a week or so to see if those cheats on the weekend really effect things.

For anyone who is doing this diet and craves sweets like myself.. (purely for the taste of desserts, I mean they are probably the most fabulous thing on the earth) I just pop a couple apples in the oven, either slice them or just cut in half.. toss a pinch or two of nutmeg or cinnamon on top and 30 minutes later out pops a fabulous sweet treat..

I browsed throug your diet. I would suggest you try a little less cooking and more fresh fruit and vegetables....

Currently on day 20 of the diet..

Things are going very well, actually have zero new pimples. SHOCKING!

The diet has definitely gotten a lot easier, it's much more second nature.

It's crazy to think of how my cravings have changed.. now I just want to head into a grocery store and buy a nice juicy apple.

Still haven't tried the dairy.. going away for a few days next week so I will be going out for dinner and things like that so I am sure some cheating will be done.. it'll be near my 30 days on the diet anyways so I'll try to stick to adding in one food group only as much as possible and note any reactions..

Hey, sounds like you are doing really well.

Dried apricots and dates are good for a sweet tooth. I'm a big apple fan too, especially this time of year when they're crisp and fresh.

Baking apples! I never thought of it! YUM.

For breakfast, I often toss a chopped apple or pear, cranberries, and half a banana in a saucepan with a little water. Cook for about 15 minutes and top with nuts. Very sweet and satsifying!

On the paleo diet, I also noticed a change in cravings for more fresh foods, which feels great.

Day 24.. or something like that..

Still doing quite well.. any cheats that I do have are so small that I am sure they won't really effect things anyways. And they are things that I will continue doing forever, but I also think I will continue this diet for a very long time, obviously going to try the whole dairy thing in a bit though.. and nuts and other 30 day no-no's.. but basically my palette has completely changed.. craving fresh vegetables is something I never thought I would do, but man am I thankful.

The only issue I have with all of this is the weight thing.. I know for many people who would like to lose a few pounds they thing of this as a plus, but I am underweight as it is and have been consistenly losing weight since I started to tackle my acne through diet.. at first the only thing I was losing was weight, which was DEFINITELY not the way I wanted to go. I've stopped losing it now.. but it's very hard to put it back on.. I'm just over a 100 lbs and used to be a comfortable 120.. any ideas on how I can pack on a few extra pounds and still stick to the diet? I eat pretty much constantly throughout the day.. sometimes when I'm not even hungry because I really want to gain some weight. We sell a good protein shake at my work.. it does contain small amounts of dairy so I may resort to that if in a couple months I am still measely...

Going away with my boyfriend this weekend, there is bound to be some cheating as we will be eating out most meals, but I'll just make sure the meals are delicious enough that they are worth it.. and try to obviously 'avoid' cheating wherever I can.. you just never know what they are really cooking with in restaurants though..

occured to me maybe would have been helpful to include what my face looks like, as that's what the main concern is. Forgetting to do that is definitely a sign that finally my face is not the number 1 thing on my brain at all times!

overall my face is just so much more calm feeling.. my forehead is I'd say 99% clear.. just with a few stubborn blackheads hanging around, but I think only my eyes can spot those.. I don't even have the skin coloured bumps anymore.. I can actually run my fingers across it and feel SMOOTHENESS!

My nose is very smoothe as well.. obviously still a few blackheads but they aren't noticeable at all, and even though they are there my skin is very soft.

My chin-which has been my main cause of problems over the years- looks MUCH better.. I'd say 6-8 red spots.. not nearly as red as usual though.. one healing pimple from a couple weeks ago.. I had a couple sprouting up late last week and was slightly concerned but they came and went and I barely even noticed.. there is just the red marks from them now. I do however have this massive deep pimple forming above my lip.. which honestly I am not even concerned with as having only one active spot on my face is just such a relief.. I'm not sure how bad it is going to get, I am using tea tree oil on it so maybe it will come and go unnoticed just like the ones on my chin.. one can only hope!

As far as topicals go.. I realized that I needed to start using some sort of scrub/peel because my skin was really really flakey/peely and though my diet was helping my acne from the inside out.. I needed something to help the damage on the outside. So I ordered some of Paula's Choice samples.. got them a couple days ago.. and let me tell you the Cleansers are HEAVENLY. They actually make your face feel soft after, not just tell you so. I also got some of the 2% aha acid liquid.. put that on my 'troubled areas' after the cleanser.. it does feel very nice and in just a couple days my skin has went from flakey/dry to soft. I do notice right after I put it that my face gets quite red, but I am generally very pale skined so it's actually nice to see some colour in my face.

I think after a certain amount of time of pouring everything into trying to fix your acne you get to know your face quite well, and soon enough you will get to the point where you actually know what your face needs.. whether it be a serious change, like diet.. or just a good product to help it out from the outside.

one important thing I have learned is to moisturize! And that there is no one fix that can be universal for everyone.. that being said if you tackle it from multiple angles things will definitely fall in your favour as your chances are greatly increased of finding what is the problem for you.

all of this being said, and as much hope/calmness as I have right now.. I have felt this way before.. many a times.. so I may very well be posting in a week absolutely freaking out that my face has exploded again and I am out of things to try.. until then I'm just going to try and enjoy how I feel right now and keep up with eating super-healthy and hope that in a couple months I will be able to add a 100% CLEAR AND LOVING IT post.. how dreamy...