Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Alright girls.. (and guys)

Hello :) Well, I am in need of some makeup brushes. Right now, I have the sonia kashuk foundation brush... but since it works just fine, I won't be getting any department store foundation brushes for a while.

But what I do need now is a good powder brush and blush brush... but NOT from a department store (Which will probably be very difficult to find lol). I am on a budget and can not afford any really expensive brushes.

I was thinking about going up to Kohls today and buying the Flirt! Dust-her Skunk Brush. Its suppose to compare to MAC #187. I would be using this brush to apply loose powder. Has anyone tried it?

How about the sonia kashuk brand?

Looked at choicebrush.com?

Dunno what you mean by "department store" - sorry :P

department store= macy's, bloomindale's, etc. those places where one brush can run as high as $50, maybe more....

Target? hmm or you know that brand Manicure (for your nails) they make makeup brushes and they look really nice. they have blush brush retractable brushes etc. Im not sure in America if you know of this brand, cuz im in australia...hope that helps! :angel:

Manicare?

We have this brand QVS in NZ and they have awesome cheap brushes. But I like my MAC ones I got off eBay. Oooh I love eBay :) I like natural bristles rather than the fake ones for some reason

Manicare?

We have this brand QVS in NZ and they have awesome cheap brushes. But I like my MAC ones I got off eBay. Oooh I love eBay :) I like natural bristles rather than the fake ones for some reason

yer thats right Manicare. yes QVS we have that brand down here in australia too. Awesome brushes for cheap price!

bobbi brown

yep I just went on makeupalley and read reviews for the powder brush. Its a must get for me lol.. im going to Minneapolis over break :)

Guest blackheadben

I use the essence of beauty brush that you can get at CVS. Sheds like crazy, though. I need to stop buying so much shit so I can actually save up enough to by a quality one.

I use the essence of beauty brush that you can get at CVS. Sheds like crazy, though. I need to stop buying so much shit so I can actually save up enough to by a quality one.

I want to try out the EOB foundation brush.

We don't have that brand over here I dont think :( lol

yes we do, at least ive seen it here in new york.... the problem is that ive never seen their makeup accessories, only their manicure stuff.... but you can always try and see. theyve got them at rite aid and duane read. :)

I really like Anabelle brushes but I think they might only be Canadian. there are lots of good brushes att eh pahramacy though-you don't need to spend a lot of money. If you can. feel the brsotles to detrmone if they're soft, and tug on them to see if they stay put. If they are soft ans aty put you've got yourself a brush! The last thong to look for is tapered edges for powder and blush brushes-you don't want them sut straight off, but rather rounded.

Match the size of the area you want the brush for, and don't go TOO big with the powder brush as they can deposit too much powder. A second blush brush is usually perfect as a powder bursh.

I get all mine form the pharmacy, and also art stores ;) (for eyeliner, anyway).

That help? I got all the info form reading Paula's Choice stuff :)