Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
egoprofit

need advice with new meds

ok i've been clear for the last 2 years. recently i started breaking out again, getting those really annoying commedones or whatever. the ones that sit on your face for like 2 months then turn into horrible pimples.

my derm gave me benzaclin for morning and differin at night. does anyone have any advice for me? i use apricot scrub to wash my face, should i change that?

the derm didn't offer much info. just to take one in the morning, and one at night. he told me to continue washing my face as normal.

please let me know of any tips/advice. anyone here use this combination? did it help you?

thank you all

my derm prescribed me benzaclin and all that did was really dry up my skin even when i used just a little so I stopped using it. I now use ACV (apple cider vinegar) as a toner after I clean my face and oh man this is working wonders. everyones skin is different so maybe the benzaclin will work good for you but I think it did more damage to me than good. good luck.

I'm using Duac and Differin which is just what you're doing only Duac is a brand name of Benzaclin. I also take an antibiotic and it is working very well.