Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forTehWin

For Teh Win! =]

Heya,

Okay, basically I've have this problem since i was about 12 (20 now). Never really put any effort in to try get rid of it, though when i started shaving regularly that seemed to help....

Here's the regime:

Morn:

Shower (nothing on face)

Shave (electric clipper type thing, works better than wet, less irritation i find!)

Clearasil Daily Deep Cleanse Facewash

Nivea for Men extra soothing moisturiser

Night:

Shave (same clipper thingy)

Clearasil facewash

BP

Moisturise

The BP gets used in large amounts on the cheeks, and under the jawline near the ears. I've found it doesnt really do me any favours if i use it on the chin.

I'll try update daily, and try get some pics up of what I'm up against. After having a look around I'm not sure I'm fighting the hardest battle here, but even a little a bit is enough to ruin your day...right?

:pray:

Day 1:

Evening time now, just done my routine (see post 1), everything looking good. Basically i have marks on my neck where I've had problems, near the ears under the jawline. I'm pretty convinced it's due to the fact my hairs got too long, wherever it touches I seem to have problems, so going to sort that out at some point this week.

Moisturiser as expected burns a little after putting on BP, but I've been doing this for a few days now, and in the shower in the morning I can feel the difference... I've got one inflamation on my chin which looks like it isn't going to amount to anything so long as I dont itch or scratch, and the cheeks have a couple of spots on each side...nothing too major though.

Generally looking okay!

Side Note: I'm not sure whether the hair thing is causing problems or not, basically when i don't shave I get a lot lot worse, and I'm wondering if hair from behind my ears creeping round is causing problems with my neck? Would be interesting to know if anyone else has any issues with this... :think:

Day 2:

Not a whole lot to say tbh, just the same as usual, keeping the facial hair non existant is helping, basically my neck is clearing up but the scarring isnt good. My chin inflamation isnt really causing a problem, should be gone by tommorow by the looks of it. Nothings really popping up on the cheeks, though what is there isn't showing huge signs of moving...

The BP isn't really burning until I put moisturiser on 15 mins after applying... Not sure whether this is anything to do with what I'm using... hmm....

Thought of the Day: Only had the electric shaver for a couple of days... The reasoning behind buying one was that I was scratching the hell outta my neck every morning wet shaving.... I'm finding electric shaving to have absolutely no irritation, and a fairily close shave! If anyones interested... I'm using this:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4420655.htm

Pretty much the cheapest thing ever... but works well I find!

Day 3:

After waking up with some majorly dry skin thismorning, decided to lay of the BP for a night just to give my skin a bit of a breather, nothings really changed since yesterday, definatly not gaining any new spots which is good. The cold weather here is causing my skin to be extra dry anyways, and its proving a bit much. Skins still feeling pretty smooth, and looking pretty good aswell!

Guess this is working out pretty well so far, but we'll see how the next few days go!

Thx!

Forgot to add, today i bought a blender, for some healthy smoothie making. Been on a few threads relating to this, and seems like a good idea, if anyone has any great recipes they'd like to share then feel free =]

Also, picked up a spot on the right side of my mouth, not sore or itchy, just there, only noticed when i looked in the mirror.... owell.

My neck is showing significant improvement which im over the moon about, as thats pretty much my worst place.

Day 4:

Things have kinda taken a turn for the worse. Although it seemed like a good idea to take a break from the BP to let the skin adjust, ive had a bit of an outbreak on the lefthand side of my chin near the mouth. Dunno how i ended up with it there, guessing food or something....

But owell, happens!

Back on the BP 2nite...working in more quantity aswell, on the plus side, my cheeks are looking a lot better recently which is great, and the neck is still looking promising!

Thought of the Day: When moisturising, I'm having problems sorting out flakey skin, im guessing thats the BP working though.... hoping that will pass tho?.

Day 5/6:

Slightly late update, but owell! Necks looking good, chin is a bit rough on the left hand side, but should be on the road to recovery i think now. Cheeks haven't really changed much, just the same ones as before sticking around, nothing major tbh!

Got my hair cut so thats that problem sorted out, hopefully thatll make some sorta difference... as i always seem to look better when i have shorter hair...

Diet Stuff:

Been trying to sort out the diet a bit recently, so here's a list of improvements im trying to undertake:

-Salad inside sandwiches

-Fruit smoothies (gonna attempt the green ones sometimes)

-Multivitamins (A, C and D)

-Leaving sugar outta cups of tea

-Drinking more water

-Generally eating less crap (hard work due to being a student)

Day 7:

Skin was pretty red thismorning, though BP is helping sort out my chin which is great. Not even a heavy amount of moisturisor was helping the flakyness however, but it was only around the mouth, and I've only just started using BP on the chin so its to be expected!

Day 8/9:

Ok, took another break from the BP for a night due to this whole really dry skin thing. However! Think I may have solved the problem using an exfoliating wash to losen everything up, and then pretty much giving my face a half decent scrub for the first time in a while with my hands.... a whole loooaaad of skin came off, but the flakeyness was getting too much for my moisturiser. Skin feels pretty damn smooth now...

Chin is still a little dodgey, cheeks havent really changed (mainly just markings now). Neck is looking the best it has done in 6 months at least!

All is good, back on the BP 2nite =]

Day 11/12:

Been soooo busy recently, but here we go!

Today was the first day I started putting BP on during the morning, so now im pretty much matching the dan kern regimine... cheeks are clearing up nicely, neck is the same (good, just marks), and I've started applying BP to the chin now to try sort that out..and it seems to be helping a lot so!

Finally the flaky skin issue is gone, all my face needed was a good scrub really to get rid of all the dead skin.... so yeah! =]

Looking hopeful!

Day 13/14/15:

Ohhh man, had a really really really heavy weekend drinking... and that has NOT helped the situation! After drinking till 5am on friday night, I woke up on saturday looking rough rough rough...and then staff night out on saturday night didnt help much either!

However, on the saturday night, I gave myself a good dose of BP which limited the damage a lot... the worse bit is probably on my neck, and again its only one spot so that should get sorted out quickly enough hopefully! Cheeks and chin aren't too bad today, again that heavy dosage helped, and my skin can take a fair amount of BP now due to the flakyness no longer being a problem!

Ahwell, still, even this weekends screw up is still nothing like what I normally get...so all is good!

Thought of the Day:

Quit Drinking. =P

Day 16:

Thismorning was the first time i've noticed a significant difference in my left cheek, which is awesome! Last night I fairly piled on the BP, which has left my skin a little red in places, and a little bit dryer than usual, but should calm down in an hour or so...good stuff!

Day 17:

Redness is a bit nuts right now, gonna leave the BP outta my routine tommorow morning just to give my skin a break, apart from that I'm pretty much totally clear apart from one on my neck!~ Red marks are really fading quite a bit now on my cheeks, and skin is noticeabley smoother.... so yeah, really its all going pretty well! =]

Later That Day:

Basically decided I need to give my skin a bit of time to recover, the redness is getting pretty nuts now, so as of tommorow I'm gonna lay of the BP for a day just to give my skin a bit of time to normalize.

Feels reaaaaally hot right now... ohdear.

Day 18:

Redness now under control, and gone in most places! Dryness again is a back a bit on the cheeks, so I've decided that BP in the morning doesn't work for me! This is probably mainly due to shaving, washing with clearasil, showering and BP in quick succession...doesn't do me any favours!!!!~

I'm giving my face a good scrub at night to remove any dead skin, as due to the freezing cold weather here and wind... my skin dries out reaaalllly easy, which can cause mid-day flakyness! ew.

Thats all folks!

Green Smoothies!:

Ok, so for anyone who has ever had problems making these (me included!), I seem to have worked out a half decent recipe! Cheap aswell...

Hand full of green LEAFY lettuce~

One standard sized flavoured yoghurt~

Half an apple~

This is by faaaar the best I've tasted yet, and you can cram it full of greens and not notice!

kthx. =P

Day 19:

Today is ok, got a couple of tiny red ones on the side of my mouth, BP should take care of that, think they are mainly due to the fact ive been eating junk cause of working at university late for the last week..

Everything else is cool! redness is gone....dryness is sorting itself out, though I am losing a lot of skin everynight in the chin area!!! Guess thats the peeling effect...can only be for the best though...and the moisturiser is covering it so no problem =]

Smoothies still every day~

w00t.

Day 20/21:

Lookin good today, BP really clearing stuff up now. Marks are still there obviously, but no actualy proper spots, just healing ones. Dryness is sorted, redness is sorted. Everthing is going well.

I know the Dan Kern regimin says be quite heavy handed with BP, but often I'm finding that it drys the skin out too much... and my skin seems to be very sensitive to it due to the weather here. I'm still using a good amount, just not a full fingers length.

1 week left of this log, as I think 4 weeks of updates is problem a good reflection of my regime! Definate improvement so far.

Day 22/23:

Things are ok right now... Picked up a swollen bit just above my jawline near my chin, had it for the last 2 days, but not been playing with it or attempting to squeeze etc so just hoping the BP will sort that out, and got a tiny one on the other side of my mouth near the corner, but thats not too bad either! Apart from that nothing new..... Bit of a shame I've picked up a couple of new ones, but think that was mainly due to spending to long in bed a few days ago... and again eating loadsa junk due to having 0 time to do anything right now! Haven't had time to go buy stuff for more green smoothies either which is annoying me... work/uni taking up all my time and never get a chance to goto the supermarket...

Ahwell, been much-worse/little-better, so nothing really to complain about. Friend noticed that my cheeks are looking a lot better recently which was nice =] And I saw a picture of me about a month ago and there is an obvious difference.

How much sugar are you consuming? I've cut out most of the sugar in my diet (natural as well as the refined sugars) and it appears that my skin is much happier. Have you noticed that after you have a nice smoothy, that night or the next day you'll wake up with agitated pimples? I get that all the time :( I can tell you this is the second day of no sugar for me and it seems to be helping out a lot! Keep me posted!

P.S. I've noticed alcohol doesn't do me any favors either.. especially my favorite Jack n Coke. So I stopped alcohol for a bit too. Goodluck mate!

-Matt

Overview:

Ok, so basically due to me having little time to update this now on the lead up to christmas... I've decided to do a little overview of stuff I've realised recently:

- BP isn't good for the neck, as I dont think the skin is tough enough, so I've stopped using it regularly to avoid redness

- After 2 days of not doing the routine and getting really drunk, smoking a lot, and little sleep, my chin broke out something crazy, so thats a lesson being learned the hard way... stick to the routine no matter what!

- I also skipped shaving for a day, which didn't help at ALL. Must make sure to shave.

- Diet has turned to junk this week, which hasn't helped at all~

Anyways, totally let everything slip this week, and it shows.... so yeah! Owell.... think that's me done on this log now... hope someone somewhere found this interesting, i'll repost if anything new comes up however!

Cheers =]

Merry Generic Winter Festival!: Though is actually the day after...this has been a good time cause I've actually looked good for going out with friends who I haven't seen in a veeeeeery long time, so I'm happy. =)

Xmas and an obscene amount of drinking didn't mess my face up for once, thanks to the routine...though I lost at least 12 hours of my memory due to jack daniels, woke up on the sofa not remembering a thing, and STILL looked ok! I quickely remembered one detail however...

...that I spent the night hugging the toilet...how much face didnt go crazy is beyond me.

w00t!

drinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

what i'm wondering is what you're doing for new years!! haha i have no clue :surprised:

but yes.. there should be acne friendly alcohol i think. because i am definitely going to my friends house for the next 5 days.. and she lives in what we call "sin city" around here

ohh my