Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mara89

I want to try diet to cure my acne

Mari tell us what you usually eat ...

it will be easier to suggest you what to change and what to keep ... based on your tastes too

where'd you go? :(

well, i just had cup noodles for breakfast, I think it's a bad diet start?haha

i like all kinds of food...

Well, you could by replacing bad food for good. For example, replace white bread with whole grain bread, packaged food for real foods - really look at ingredients. Start shopping in the health food section of your grocery store, or shop somewhere like Whole Foods or Wild Oats - that'll make things easier as there is a wider selection of healthy foods there. I'd center your diet around fruits, leafy greens, veggies (the frozen kind are easy to cook!), nuts/seeds (walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkins seeds, etc), beans/legumes (canned are convenient), and whole grains (oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.). Avoid hydrogenated oils!!!! Look at the ingredients list.

A great place to start learning about healthy eating is from the resources of one of Discovery Health Channel's doctors, Dr. Joel Fuhrman. His two websites are: (www.diseaseproof.com and www.drfuhrman.com).

First and foremost though, if you don't do anything else, you should begin adding green smoothies to your diet!! The leafy greens are the most powerful thing you can do for your skin. You can read more about them here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...917&hl=food. :)

where'd you go? :(

My damn computer and damn connection ... you know :(

well, i just had cup noodles for breakfast, I think it's a bad diet start?haha

i like all kinds of food...

What could you have for breakfast?

If you could choose among these options what would you choose?

Fruits

Rolled Oat

Yogurt

Whole toast with all fruit jam

Scrambled eggs

Nut butter

Veggie burger

Breakfast burrito with whole wheat tortillas, eggs and beans

Whole grain waffles with applesauce

As someone said: "don't be afraid to experiment. If your mother tol you when you were a little child that you can't possibly have chili or pizza for breakfast, remember that your mother is not in charge of our meals as she wanted you to believe. If you want pizza for breakfast go for it, and enjoy it. If you want rice with meatballs ... go for it"

:lol: I haven't had tortillas today though :(

As someone said: "don't be afraid to experiment. If your mother tol you when you were a little child that you can't possibly have chili or pizza for breakfast, remember that your mother is not in charge of our meals as she wanted you to believe. If you want pizza for breakfast go for it, and enjoy it. If you want rice with meatballs ... go for it"

wouldnt eating pizza break me out ? or is that a stereotype? or it really does if u eat it in large quantities?

:lol: I haven't had tortillas today though :(

wouldnt eating pizza break me out ? or is that a stereotype? or it really does if u eat it in large quantities?

Well it was more to say that most people thing of breakfast as eating breakfast-thing ... sweet, sugared, hot ... milk, cereals, biscuits, coffee and such ... but if you want other thing ... things people normally eat at dinner or supper it's perfectly okay. You can have anything for breakfast ... you can have spaghetti, you can have a steak, you can have broth, you can have a salad, you can have oysters with artichoke cream ...

But as far as health is concerned I would limit pizza

It's a refined carb with cheese ...

But several studies had found that pizza eating in italy was correlated with improved health

The reason, they say, is that if one substitutes typical moder junk food with a pizza (pizza instead of mcdonald) one gets the benefits of the tomato sauce and its high phytochemicals content (lycopens) and the extra virgin olive oil. But that applies to real napolitan pizza ... not to fat-food junk

Choose a breakfast then we can go on with the lunch :)