Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BJ'sGuRL

getting wisdom teeth out and getting a toe nail taken off while on accutane

Well, Accutane slows healing if you've been on it for awhile. If possible, you should wait until six months after you've finished the course. If that's not possible, make sure that the surgeons involved are aware that you are taking Accutane. Be particularly careful with the wisdom teeth, you really don't want that to heal poorly.

I'm also having my wisdom teeth out about 2-3 weeks after I plan to start accutane (assuming all goes well Friday), and I was concerned about this. I talked to a doctor at my college and she said that vicodin while on accutane shouldn't be a prob (vicodin is usually prescribed after wisdom tooth extraction), but I"m not sure about the healing. Best bet is talk to your doctor (BOTH OF THEM) and see what they say about it.

I am curious though, is 3 weeks long enough for tane to have a serious affect on my healing time?

Well, Accutane slows healing if you've been on it for awhile. If possible, you should wait until six months after you've finished the course. If that's not possible, make sure that the surgeons involved are aware that you are taking Accutane. Be particularly careful with the wisdom teeth, you really don't want that to heal poorly.

what about an ingrown toe nail? (on about 3-4 toes)

I am curious though, is 3 weeks long enough for tane to have a serious affect on my healing time?

It would be best to put off the start of your treatment one month to be on the safe side, but it will probably heal ok if don't since it's so early in the course, although dryness in the mouth may be a concern.