Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manda22

Ok - I have been put on a drug, I have never heard off before?

Hi,

Been doc's today and i was really praying that he would want to send me to a derm, but no, I got put onto a different course of Anti-biotics, which isnt on this site and I have never heard of it before!

Its is called Lymecycline 408mg - anyone heard of it! Also isnt 408mg alot!!! I only have to take one aday but it seems a high mg dosage!!

Thanks

Manda

hi i had that last month but have just changed to minocycline again as it worked before i only had the lymecycline(tetralysal 300) for 4 wks so can't really tell you that it worked but i know another member reall yliked it if you type tetralysal in the search you'll find a thread they wrote in about it don't worry about the dosage it's fine i've heard it's good i just changed because i have faith in mino as it worked for me before if you aren't happy with it in a couple of months i would go back to the docs and demand a derm referal thats what they get paid for hope i've helped

Guest no-one

hi i had that last month but have just changed to minocycline again as it worked before i only had the lymecycline(tetralysal 300) for 4 wks so can't really tell you that it worked but i know another member reall yliked it if you type tetralysal in the search you'll find a thread they wrote in about it don't worry about the dosage it's fine i've heard it's good i just changed because i have faith in mino as it worked for me before if you aren't happy with it in a couple of months i would go back to the docs and demand a derm referal thats what they get paid for hope i've helped

i was on minocin, got put on dianette too, after 2 months skin was terrible - was really depressed so went back to doc and she changed minocin to lymecylcline and topical isotrex to adapalene (differin). been on that 2 and a half weeks now and skin is even worse...should i change back to minocin? i have a stash in my meds cabinet...dont know if i havent given lymecycline a fair chance, but am hoping the dianette might kick in soon (been on that nearly 2 1/2 months now)...help!