Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sean88

Finished Accutane, now what?

When I was younger I had terrible acne, pustules etc. I took minocylcicine and it stopped the acne dead in its tracks. After I was off it the acne re-occured even after trying natural products. I took a 6 month course of ro-accutane this year and it cleared up my skin wonderfully. I have been off it and am now getting breakouts of small red pimples. I do not want to go back on accutane because it made my my joints feel stiff. What should I try for my mild but very stubborn acne?

yeah, accutane isn't a permanent solution. i got alittleworse-than-average acne creeping back right now.

i'm gonna experiment with vitamin A pills.

Can a topical retinoid be purchased without a prescription?

Yes, but they are obviously not as strong as the prescription versions - in some ways that may be a good thing because they are much less irritating. Green Cream is a brand that's highly recommended - there's a huge thread on it in the OTC forum that would answer your every question.

yah, my acne came back worse after i finished my first dose of accutane. Its definately not a permanent fix, but i'm back on my second round, and its already working really fast, so iunno, if it worked the first time, why not do it again?

because I was getting joint stiffness, and its summer now here In New Zealand. Dont want to be on accutane. Im trying benzoyl peroxide 2.5% atm and I'll see what happens over the course of 2 weeks. If it gets worse I'll try a topical retanoid. Last resort would be accutane again. I wasnt even taking much to control my acne, one pill every 2 days.