Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cheyanne

fraxel laser or ipl/microderm

hiya, i,ve been offered fraxel laser or ipl/microderm for my acne scars and open pores. Has anyone had these treatments and which one gave the best results as i want maximume results in minimum time (don,t we all! )I, ve got to wait till march 2007 as i,ve just had co2 12 weeks ago and my skin is still healing. Also can anyone tell me how long the hyperpigmentation lasts as i,m still pretty pink.

hiya, i,ve been offered fraxel laser or ipl/microderm for my acne scars and open pores. Has anyone had these treatments and which one gave the best results as i want maximume results in minimum time (don,t we all! )I, ve got to wait till march 2007 as i,ve just had co2 12 weeks ago and my skin is still healing. Also can anyone tell me how long the hyperpigmentation lasts as i,m still pretty pink.

I don't have much advice other than to wait much much longer than March of 07 before trying anything else after a CO2 procedure. I've had two CO2's done, the first time hyperpigmentation lasted 18 months plus, the second time about 1 year.

yeah i thought march was too soon but my dermatologist told me i only had to wait 6 months between treatments provided my skin was healing ok. Another question i have is does anyone know if the skin grows back, i know it sheds but do the actual layers grow back after laser/ peels or are you left with permenant thin skin?

yeah i thought march was too soon but my dermatologist told me i only had to wait 6 months between treatments provided my skin was healing ok. Another question i have is does anyone know if the skin grows back, i know it sheds but do the actual layers grow back after laser/ peels or are you left with permenant thin skin?

Hi Cheyenne,

How bad are your scars? Get a second opinion, maybe from a PS rather than a derm...

I think you should go to the Fraxel thread and ask a poster named Troubled Skin. My automatic instinct is to say no way it is too soon, but maybe there is some sort of benefit to doing Fraxel before full healing since Fraxel treatments are stacked together before full healing purposely. I have not heard of CO2 and Fraxel being stacked together, but you should get advice from someone who is more knowledgeable. Just post the question on that thread.

My skin was thinner after my second CO2. Did not pay too much attention after my first, I was young and dumb! Please research this thoroughly (as it seems you are!) before deciding. Don't want any damage from doing too many procedures...

hiya nantynannie

thanks for replying i,ll try the thread, my scars are small but pretty deep but its my open pores that bother me most. I had an exoderm peel in jan 06 and it left my face a mess, my pores are wide open over my cheeks and nose and they were tiny before peel, it was the area of my face i was confident about now i cant stand the sight of it! R u due any more fraxels?

hiya nantynannie

thanks for replying i,ll try the thread, my scars are small but pretty deep but its my open pores that bother me most. I had an exoderm peel in jan 06 and it left my face a mess, my pores are wide open over my cheeks and nose and they were tiny before peel, it was the area of my face i was confident about now i cant stand the sight of it! R u due any more fraxels?

Hi Cheyanne,

I will be having my second of 4 Fraxels on Dec 4th. Supposedly Fraxel does help with texture, but you might want to wait longer until you are fully healed from your CO2. Did you ask anyone on the Fraxel thread about your question? I have been off the board for a few days. I am curious now about your question and wether you should wait longer than suggested by your doc. If no answers here, maybe a second opinion from a plastic surgeon's office would be a good place to start.

hiya nantynannie, couldnt get on fraxel thread but ive got an appointment with my derm in feb and he is going to assess my skin before i get any more treatments. He done the co2 but he did not do the peel it was a doc in my local area and he has offered me 5 fraxels free cos he,s admitted the peel was the wrong treatment for my skin type. I spoke to my derm in oct and he said if he agreed to the doc giving me fraxel he would assess my skin throughout the treatments. Will you keep me posted with your progress i really hope it works for you

nasty Nannie:

How is the Fraxel treatment 2 looking so far? I am interested in having Fraxel II as well, I just wish there was more positive feedback concerning it.

Please provide yuor feedback thought it is far too sonn to judge the outcome,.