Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReiseReise

Quick question about B-Complex

I'm thinking of further supplementing my diet with a B-Complex and found "B100 Vitamin B Complex" by Holland & Barrett (UK). The pills contain the following:

IPB Image

What do you guys think? Any good?

The formula is generally ok, but I recommend that you do NOT take a whole tablet at a time. The dose is too high for most of those vitamins. Split them up into tenths, and take a tenth with each meal. In addition, take a separate folic acid supplement (800 mcg) once or twice a day.

Supplements like that are easier to use when they're in capsule form, rather than tablet form. You can pull capsules apart and pour out as much of the powder inside as you need.

Bryan

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to try the B50 Complex if you think those doses are too high. Tbh the whole vitamin/mineral thing is confusing. Howcome shops are even allowed to sell big doses of them if it could be harmful? This isnt a pop at you Bryan but there is so much contridication about what are safe levels etc. I use these too supplement my diet, because I think I already eat healthy enough and I'm not willing to cut out anymore.

the complex thing is definitely a great idea. even if the doses are too high, the fact that you're getting all the b's with help prevent the usually side effects that can be caused by megadosing on b5