Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asdf333

success with peels

I was wondering if anyone has had success with their scars (not just marks) by doing a series of peels. I read a study claiming that doing 5-6 70% glycolic peels helped with atrophic scars. So if anyone could post their experience with multiple peels (with any acid) I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

here is the link to the study:

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=796647

Your wasting your time and risking scarring yourself more, after a few peels youll start noticing your pores become larger and can regret the whole thing. Peels wont do anything for scarring. If you decide on doing it, do it only one time.

well, the strongest acid i've ever done (not by myself, of course) was 45%. i have very mild scarring on my cheeks, but theya re not changes.

i do ga peels 2-3 times a year for 4 years now, and they've been the same. maybe slightly better

if you really want to get rid of scars, i think you should try fraxel or some other laser

i did many glycolic acid peels over the course of nearly a year and never gotten any success in improving my icepicks. My skin only became much smoother and brighter looking with less blemishes and bumps. The real result came when my mom bought me some Silkia camellia oil to use (from goldportbeauty.com). I've been using it for 9 months and my icepicks have plumped up about 75%. I'm not sure if the scars will ever be 100% levelled but I'm already very happy with the progress so far. My skin is also so much better than before i used it. I recommend you try this.

I was wondering if anyone has had success with their scars (not just marks) by doing a series of peels. I read a study claiming that doing 5-6 70% glycolic peels helped with atrophic scars. So if anyone could post their experience with multiple peels (with any acid) I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

here is the link to the study:

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=796647

i dont think 1 method can fix scars, every treatment has its benefits. Peels will make your skin smooth,soft and brighterlooking and it might soften the edges of scars, it will also improve texture and tone as well. Thats why so many people use it. Generally for shallow/mid scaring peels can show a good benefit over a series of peels, but for anything deeper you need to add another treatment option in there.