Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melancholy

My revised perception of acne

Hi people, I guess it's time to express myself. I've been battling acne for the past 11 years. I've learned a lot from this website in what can have a potential to improve my acne. I've tried practically every regimen, antibiotic (used accutane twice), acupuncture, etc. you can think of. The best thing that I have learned from this website is coping methods. I'm 24 years old and have been extremely anti-social, along with tendency for narcism. I get overly hyper when I go thru one of my "clear periods". The opposite happens when I break out.

In one thread, someone mentioned how we should learn to cope with it to a certain degree, in order to avoid effecting other areas of our life. Just recently, I have given this a try. When I use to break out, everywhere I went I avoid eye contact. Today, I was at the gym and told myself to just not care. I gave this a try and I felt so much better. I have failed to realize how overly obsessive I have become over this the past years. Thanks for whoever had that thread. Of Course, I will continue to try different regimens in hopes one day I can control this problem or nature can take it's course and it'll eventually stop.

This website really helped me learn coping methods. We must not let this problem overly consume us. The mental obsession damage can be equal or even greater damaging than the acne itself. I use to think of my acne countless times a day, looking at myself in the mirror when i woke up in the morning just for some sort of improvement. I have been doing it most of the past 10 years. I will now try to deal with it. Maybe I'll have this problem for many years to come. Maybe I won't. Whatever happens, I just want to live my life and not think of it as much anymore. I'm tired of it all. Obviously, It won't be something I can do overnight. It'll definitely take years for something in which has damaged me so effectively. I berate myself so much and this will be one step of my long healing process.

My acne isn't as bad as it use to be but I have continued to damage myself emotionally by constantly avoiding social events with friends, canceling dinners with relatives, avoiding asking girls on dates, etc. I will now try to cope with this problem and try to keep a restraint on the overwhelming pain it can have on me on those dark nights. You guys are the best and love you all for all the help you have given me.

-Caesar

hope things get better, and remember: taday is the first day of the rest of your life

good luck

Guest Crooked I

Dude, this is the place to come if your ever feeling low. There's always someone hear to listen and help. So don't hesitate to tell us whats bothering you. Take care.

Damn good post.

Even tho my acne was mild when i first came its been clearing up very well and i want to kick myself for being so obsessed over my face when other people are off much worse.

Your right tho, i have had night where friends have called me to go party and i decline because of a zit or something.

I will live my life to the fullest.

Guest Crooked I

A zit? Damn dude, i want your face!! biggrin.gif

I get overly hyper when I go thru one of my \"clear periods\". The opposite happens when I break out.

You people are very lucky. My face always looks like crap because of scars which are very red because they are in their early stages. This makes my face look like a mess. I have never had any of those days. Even though I get few breakouts now, I am left to deal with the mess acne left on my face.

Melancholy: That was a good post. I try to put things aside too but sometimes it's really really hard when it's become a bad habit. I don't think this will be ever corrected. sad.gif

I get overly hyper when I go thru one of my \"clear periods\". The opposite happens when I break out.

Funny that you mention this. When I'm clear I feel totally 'unbreakable' nothing can touch me: it's like some weird cocaine trip. But when the tiniest zit comes up, I immediately get depressed. Even when a zit appears during the day and I haven't been able to look in a mirror that day, I can become doubly depressed when I see myself that evening: 'How could I be so happy this morning?' It makes absolutely no sense at all.

You people are very lucky.  My face always looks like crap because of scars which are very red because they are in their early stages.  This makes my face look like a mess.  I have never had any of those days.  Even though I get few breakouts now, I am left to deal with the mess acne left on my face. 

Melancholy: That was a good post.  I try to put things aside too but sometimes it's really really hard when it's become a bad habit.  I don't think this will be ever corrected. sad.gif