Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beve123

Acne Cure

I strarted the acne cure about a week ago. Right now i am on day 8. i decided to keep a log to keep updating my prgress. my regimen includes

morning:

clean and clear bblackhead scrub: sa-2%

total skin care: glycolic acid- 10%

neutrogena combination moisterizer

evening:

clean and clear blackhead scrub: sa-2%

ice face with ice cue then use bp- 2.5%

ice pack for 10 minutes

A little background history:

I am 19 and have had moderate acne since i was 13. I fell in love with my best friend and am to embarassed to ever say anything to her ccause of my skin so decided to try this cure. I tried proactive but it only worked for about six months and started not to work any more. So far things are going ok the first week was going great and didnt break out at all. Today i woke up with two whiteheads and i heard that the glycolic acid trakes around 8 days to bring the gunk to the surface so was thinking maybe that was it. I am going to stick on this for the full six weeks and see how this goes. I also tend to smoke alot of cigarettes and get drunk 3-4 times a week so mabe this isnt helping. I am going to tryu to cut back. I bought the acne cure book and it said chocolate doesnt affect your skin but i have been eating alot of chocolate latly and maybe this is causing my small breakout. I am gonna tryu to stop drinking and smokign and if anyone has any feed back on this system i would really apreciate it. I will keep everyone updated to see how this system works.

hey there. Just wanna say the acne cure works not for everyone here...but I hope it will for you.

It works for me, and I have already kept to it for nearly seven weeks, even though it doesn't completely clear my face, but the improvement is good for me to stay on to it for as long as needed.

And indeed try cutting back on drinking and smoking, you may find that it may just be better for your skin, and of course your health.

Good luck.

I drink, I smoke and I do the cure and I do NOT have any more beakouts.

I started here in July with Dan then went to acne cure and now do half and half. I don't remember the last time I broke out (wk3 Maybe?)

I really hope it works for you! I'm thrilled!

when you mean you do half and half, does that mean u put BP on in the morning too? and if so...isn't it all way too irritating for your skin?

Sorry it has been a while since i last updated my progress. I have been trouble figuring out how to do these post. Well my skin is about the same except i have no more white head just a few bumps and two small bumps on my left temple. I still am having doubts about this regimen but i want to give it the whole six weeks to see results. I had alot of "dead skin" and flaky skin but now my face is extremly smooth so i am hoping that once this acne clears a little i will not get any more outbreaks. If anyone has used the acne cure book before i would greatly appreciate it if they could tell me if they didnt start getting clear till third week or so and if their skin was worse before better.

Ok so today still no great results. I am starting to doubt this program. I am not sure if am going to stick to it for a full six weeks but i will give it one more week before i say anything. I added a zinc 50mg pill and b-complex pill into my routine. As for the acne i got a breakout on the right side of my face and one on my left chin. Maybe it was because i was using bp twice a day for three months on Dans regimen and when u go off u break out but i have no idea.

Ok so into third week and this regimen starting to work great. The first two weeks were kind of tough and was dissapointed in results but i think that is because i went of Dans regimen and all the gunk in my pores have to come out. Also acne develops two weeks before it comes to surface so for first two weeks i was breaking out really bad and getting whiteheads and bumps but since day 14 i have had no more bumps or whiteheads and all the bumps i have had are smooth now. i still have alot of red marks but my skin feels so smooth. I also can see now after washin with the sa all the blackheads on my nose coming out. little white stuff keeps coming out of them daily and my skin color is finally not red anymore. I will keep everyone updated on how this works but so far i think it the best regimen. Dans is great to but the acne cure states bp works great but it working on closed pores so it didnt work fully for me. with this the sa and glycolic acid open up all the pores to let the bp work better

this is going great. I have drank and smoked4 days in a row and have been eating a ton of sugar and still getting no new breakouts. i still have a ton of red marks but they r not really noticable when i havent shaved for two days. im drunk so not laving long post tonight but so far so good O:)

OK so things are going ok but this cure seems to be slowing down. I dont have any bumps or breakouts but i still have tons of red marks around my chin and temples and my face is still a little oily. Atleast the bumps and the white heads have gone away but im still kind of depressed cause the redmarks are really noticable and i just wish i could get rid of my acne once and for all and it seems like it is ruining my life. I know the cure going great though and i finalyl dont have any new acne bumps, breakouts or whiteheads but still i want to get rid of all the red marks. If anyone else has had experience with the acne cure could they please respoind saying how long it took to get rid of their red marks. thanks

Day 20 was a little bit of a setback for me. Nothing horrible but i got one pimple on the right side of my chin that isnt as bad as they use to be but still noticable. Also the red marks arent really fading at all so far and still my pores arent dissapearing like the book said they should be. My face is clear from all the bumps and stuff but i want it to be perfect and i dont know how to make it any better. I added clinac oc to my regimen to stop all the oil. my face has been really oily so hopefully this will help. well ill keep everyone updated