Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
link626

Anyone take lots of vitamin A?

Has anyone had a long run with vitamin A supplements? Has it improved your skin condition?

vit A pills are typically 8000 IU's in concentration. It's toxic around 100,000 IU level. which means, you could probably pop 10 pills a day without seeing any side effects.

I was thinking about starting on a shitload of vitamin A to help control my acne. I'm in my late 20's. This shit on my face needs to stop now. :wall:

which means, you could probably pop 10 pills a day without seeing any side effects.

I wouldn't push that limit if I were you. :ninja:

Doesn't some orange juice have vitamin A? Drinks lots of that! :wacko:

i'm sorry. the upper RDA limit is 10000 IU of vit A.

That's just the RDA.

some places say chronic toxicity hits when you're taking 25000 IU on a daily basis for 8 months.

So I'd try 2 pills (16000 IU) of vit A per day, and see how it goes.

A bottle of vitA is just $4 for 100 pills.

maybe the extra vit A will help.

I'm a red meatatarian, so i don't even get a fraction of the US RDA of veggies.

I've taken really high doses of vitamin A... up to 100,000ui daily. Crazy, I know. It's been a while so I don't remember much about it. Ultimately, I guess it didn't work that great for me cause I stopped taking it. Be careful about taking too much. High doses are known to cause headaches. An alternative to vitamin A is beta carotene, but that turns your skin orange.

My Derm said a person would basically kill their liver and kidneys by the time they took enough vitamin A to make a difference. I have a case of really stubborn acne (tried everything short of accutane), but I started using Apple Cider Vinegar mixed w/water for a toner a week ago, and it seems to be going away!!! :dance:

ive been taking 20,000 ui, or two pills of 10,000 ui of vitamin A for the past month.

that and the rest of the crap in my signature. nothing bad ive experienced. what are some side effects?

maybe some mood swings. or dats probably cuz of my SATs and how i fuggin hate em. o and girl trouble, w/e

Carrots give Vitamin A (like 5 pieces = 270% of your normal value) so if you're ever looking for a cheap alternative you can always just eat lots of carrots

Carrots give Vitamin A (like 5 pieces = 270% of your normal value) so if you're ever looking for a cheap alternative you can always just eat lots of carrots

I love carrots! ;)

I love carrots! ;)

beat-carotene

how much to get you orange? eh..probably a lot