Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xXx

over 8 weeks on dans regimen

i have followed dans regimen closely and i havent seen much of an improvment. However there has been 1 kind of change... dans regimen has seamed to prevent whiteheads, but now i seam to get cysts most of the time.

My problem area is only slightly left and slightly right of the chin. This is the only place i get them, i dont know why it is this specific area either...? They all bunch up together at the same time aswell.

what i want to know is this.. should i be using another regimen/product?

i herd people on the board talking about salicylic acid? What is this and will it help my acne?

thanxs

Hey there,

If nothing, not even BP is working then I would suggest booking in an appointment with your local GP or dermatologist - if you've never been before this might sound scarey etc. Belive me they can help given the chance, I went to my GP for the first time in year 10 (aged 15) and he put me on some anti biotics, which didn't clear my face up to the extent I had hoped, but then I found this site in Feb of this year and thought hey, why not! Whilst the anti-biotics were keeping my skin at a managable level the BP was the finishing touch and now I'm 99% clear.

If your suffering cystic acne a talk with your GP/derm would open up a few options for you, good luck! biggrin.gif

ur not alone. i got a dans regimen with very light acne. i gave it a 2 month try and all i got by the end of the trial was a bunch of cysts (never before got cysts) and severe acne.

i dont think this is just some bullshit coincidence. my face has always been clear, but with a few pimples that pissed me off. i thought this regimen would clear up my face. well, it didnt. my face has never been so horrible and now because of the regimen ill prolly be on accutane soon.

im not pissed, i know theres no guarantee, but there ARE some of us who dont react well to this regimen.

what i forgot to mention is that is isnt that severe, i do get days when i am clear but these dont last that long and then i get days when it does look severe. it kind of comes and goes. i just hate not being able to control it!

i havent used many products for it either, dans regimen is the only regimen i have been on.

my derm gave me these for treatment of severe acne

morning benzamycin

night stievamycin

done.

total is about 70 bucks for 2...

lay off fatty foods. they break ppl out.

it worked really well, but then now my acne is not that severe so i'm on proactiv

Grimmy-- two months on the regimen isn't going to "make" you go on Accutane. Washing with a soap-free cleanser, using a generous amount of bp, and moisterizing for two months is certainly not going to destroy your skin permanently that you need something like Accutane. If the regimen is worsening your skin, then, by all means, stop using it. I highly doubt the regimen could alter the state of your skin after you cease using it for a while.

i have followed dans regimen closely and i havent seen much of an improvment. However there has been 1 kind of change... dans regimen has seamed to prevent whiteheads, but now i seam to get cysts most of the time. 

My problem area is only slightly left and slightly right of the chin. This is the only place i get them, i dont know why it is this specific area either...? They all bunch up together at the same time aswell.

what i want to know is this.. should i be using another regimen/product?

i herd people on the board talking about salicylic acid? What is this and will it help my acne?

thanxs

i wouldnt say i am rough in applying the bp

i do what dan says and the skin doesnt even move when applying it

however when i did get an occasional whitehead i did pop it and mabee over time that turned into a cyst..?

at the moment my acne is clearing up, i probably only have one pimple at the moment, but have moderate of red marks and scar around the chin

the cysts have stopped now and just have a couple of red marks where i tried to pop it but it wasn't quite at the surface yet and i just brought it to the top and irritated it. It is just a red blotch now as you can see in the photo (right.jpg). I also have those little purple scars too. Is there anything to treat that?

heres what it all looks like now....

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/506079/left.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/506...06079/front.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/506...06079/right.jpg

this is the only area i get it aswell, its really annoying!

You know what you have to do dude? STOP PICKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your face will look heaps better if you do and you won't get as many spots.

I used to pick and pop every pimple I had now I just leave them and you know what they heal faster and the scar is minimal compared with picking.

Right now I apply a liberal amount of BP each night before bed and I am 95% active acne free, I only ever pick when I know a pimple has fully developed and its safe to carefully pop the white shit out with a pin.

Thats my two cents

Beama

yeah i know i should stop picking but its just there saying pick me... i usually last a couple of days without picking then the temptation just overpowers me

its so hard!

Guest june

have you thought of putting on an otc topical, like neosporin? if you can not resist the urge(which happens to most of us:) dab on a bit after you've done the damage overnight......helps with the healing process of a popped pimple gone bad:) i have no active acne, but my acne marks took longer to heal....i just kept up it up and they are very faint now.....barely notice them.......

another thing i am curious about is...

Why does it occur in the same pleaces. The are in which it occurs is probably the size of a 20 cent coin (Australian currency)

It can be hormone changes as this would affect the whole face..?

why are the constantly getting blocked, i am a clean person