Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lalason

Acne moving around the face?

My topic says it all really. Is there a reason for acne in different places?

I remember reading years and years ago that acne on the chin meant stomach problems, in another place meant another problem, and so on. This was based on Chinese medicine.

I now realise the lumps on my chin were not so bad and I can cope with them, but NOT the ones on my head or my nose.

HELP (again) :pray:

If that was true I would probably be dead by now.

I know, I am clutching at straws here. Why would this happen though? I am talking about a year, the head thing only started in the last month. but before that there was my chin, my jawline, my hairline, my cheeks. then came my head, then the most awful - my nose.

According to some sources you develop acne in different places as you age. The first places you will get acne is around the mouth, chin, and nose. Later you will develop acne on the cheeks, and forehead area. The last place you will develop acne is on the jawline, hair line, and upper neck. The patterns of acne tend to move across your face as you age.

According to some sources you develop acne in different places as you age. The first places you will get acne is around the mouth, chin, and nose. Later you will develop acne on the cheeks, and forehead area. The last place you will develop acne is on the jawline, hair line, and upper neck. The patterns of acne tend to move across your face as you age.

I agree... I began with acne on my cheek two years ago and now I can get acne anywhere on my face

mine has somewhat moved over the years

first sprouted on foreheads

then major on temples and a lot on nose and nose region

then too much on my cheeks, meanwhile my forehead is clear, and temples are slightly scarred

moving towards jawline now, gone a bit down on the neck below jawline on my left, cheeks a lot of red marks

hopefully it just goes to hell, not longer on me

it's just p.acnes trying to find a new place to live.

but i do notice one thing- once they settle into a spot on your face, they keep growing back in that place, even after you've supposedly killed them with benzoyl.

I forgot to say that mine started on my back, then the back of my neck, then my chest, then my chin, then my head, then my nose. What next? Or does this mean I am done? :lol:

I somewhat notice this as well. Im on accutane, and it's like symmetrical and moves from place to place. but after it's gone to a place it's fine.

creeeeeeeeeeeeepyy

the only places were i (still) get acne is in the liver areas and im kind of a heavy drinker and i just got off accutane..

i know i have a healthy heart because i run (just stopped) and i never break out in thsoe areas ever in a looongg time..

lets go china :cool:

My own experience is that my own acne spread to new area due to bacteria deep down under the skin. Once a lesion healed, the cell next to it started to be infected. Then, it went on and on with the cycle, and back to the original place where the 1st lesion started. I have searched and tried a few different products trying to stop this spread and finally found that clindamycin can stop it in track. All my chain acne is gone.

My own experience is that my own acne spread to new area due to bacteria deep down under the skin. Once a lesion healed, the cell next to it started to be infected. Then, it went on and on with the cycle, and back to the original place where the 1st lesion started. I have searched and tried a few different products trying to stop this spread and finally found that clindamycin can stop it in track. All my chain acne is gone.

Actually that bacteria you speak of lives in every pore on your face. Not all pores will develop acne though.

Hey, I'm 15 nearly 16 and male.

I first got acne 4 to 4 and a half years ago. My acne used to be on my cheek bones, nose, forehead, chin.

After lots of treatments i went onto accutane which failed but did improve my acne slightly, but had no lasting effects.

After that my acne was not so bad but recently it has got worse again, but this time not on the cheeks or forehead at all, but only on the sides of my face and even worse on my jawbone and where my jaw meets my neck.

Never before did i get acne anywhere accept my face and slighltly on my back and chest.

Now i also find sposts under my hair. Strange.

My Skin is stange because it is very very oily, but at the same time very weak and dry.

The Chinese stuff is interesting. At the moment i'm guessing it must be my stomach that is the problem, so i will try a good diet from now. see if ti works. :-) hopefully it does.