Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lalason

Another 'thing' forming

My zits always start with a swollen area and an elarged/open pore in the middle. The swelling usually gets worse, and the thing sometimes goes away on it's own or comes to a head which can then be squeezed.

It looks like I have bumped my head.

If I squeeze it before there is a head then I usually make it hard/red and even more swollen.

I am scared to try aspirin on it as I am asthmatic and shoudln't really taken it. Same goes for ibuprofen.

HELP

Try the asprin mask.

Grind enough asprins in enough water to make a thick paste. Leave on for 15+ minutes and see what that does.

It has worked for me.. sometimes. And you dont have to ingest the asprin.

Try it.

i find i suffer from alot of cysts and nodules. i find the best thing 2 do is actually leave them alone.

i have a feeling this might be linked 2 the contraceptive injection and am thinking of changing 2 the dianette pill as have heard this can clear up your skin. if anyone has any advice on this id be greatful.

but one thing i have found if you are after a quick fix 2 heal a large cyst (or at least make it appear smaller) is a sun bed. the uv lamps on a sun bed can dry a spot out faster. found this is the only real option for me if i have a big night out coming up.

im still looking 4 a better alternative though as this can be damaging if using long term and very costly!!

Oooooo, poor you, cystic acne really is the pits.

I have had to deal with cystic acne for a year, and I find the best thing to do is leave it well alone. The swollen lump you get is a horrible indication that you are about to get a cyst or an inflamed, nast spot.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT squeeze! :naughty: No matter how tempting it is, don't do it, it will make things a million times worse! Bathe it with really hot water and a clean wash cloth for about 10 minutes. And then apply BP to it gently.

I find hydrogen peroxide works well on monsters of spots. Wash your face and then just dab a cotton wool ball in hydrogen peroxide (3%) and hold onto the area for 10 minutes. Then apply BP after it.

Don't pick or squeeze or mess, the only time you should ever go near it is to bathe, soak with hydrogen peroxide or put on BP.

i feel your pain (literally)

i got a huge one on my chin coming...atm, its just hard and swollen, getting red..but its coverupable for the time.arhgh i want it to hurry up and get it over and done with!ive been putting oxy on the spot and bp on..

will ice help it speed up its forming process?

and i have a job interviw tomorrow.NOT good as i rarely get cystic acne. :(

i feel your pain (literally)

i got a huge one on my chin coming...atm, its just hard and swollen, getting red..but its coverupable for the time.arhgh i want it to hurry up and get it over and done with!ive been putting oxy on the spot and bp on..

will ice help it speed up its forming process?

and i have a job interviw tomorrow.NOT good as i rarely get cystic acne. :(

How was your interview?

Update on me: Well, the 'thing' on my head is still there, it is a hard lump about the size of a pea as I have thankfully got most of the swelling around it down. The skin around it has begun to crack as it has stretched it so much. And I can see a faint white bit under the surface so I think it is come to a head, maybe it will be ok to burst in 24 hours. If I am not certain though Im not touching it.

i got the job!! :D

i had one of those cysts that just disappear again..so it was red for the interview, but had dissapeared the day after..musta been the stress!

though i have a nasty feeling its going to come back...probly just before i start the job!