Notifications
Clear all

Vaseline/Chapstick

MemberMember
(@viper)

Posted : 11/06/2003 7:12 pm

i know this might sound wierd, but...

One day I popped a pimple on my forehead and as usual it started bleeding right after the swhite stuff (sebum/oil) had come out. For some reason I decided to put chapstick on the spot where I popped the pimple. I read before somewhere that vaseline was non-comedogenic and the main ingredient in chapstick is vaseline (petroleum jelly).

The chapstick sort of clogged the bleeding and it stopped within a few minutes (big plus there as I had to go to class) in the morn. After a few days I realized that the wound healed much more quickly then usual. The redness left within a couple of days the the skin in the area returned to normal.

Does anyone know why this works?

I doubt others have tried the same thing since it's sounds wierd.

MemberMember
(@julian)

Posted : 11/06/2003 11:02 pm

Well think about it.

Chapstick is used to prevent cold sores and cracked lips so im assuming it has same effect on zits...

MemberMember
(@maral)

Posted : 11/07/2003 11:04 pm

I use Blistex the same way- stops the bleeding and helps heal pimples faster

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/08/2003 6:48 am

When im at work sumtimes i get a patch of dry skin right in MIDDLE of my chin, below my bottom lip, i dont have moisturiser at work, so i dab a bit of my chpstick on my finger an put it on my chin... it's great. Like a barrier.

Gotta be careful to only use a microscopic bit tho, that shit shines a lot... makes your skin look greasy.

-Gaz

MemberMember
(@wally)

Posted : 11/09/2003 12:22 pm

That's interesting. I would have thought that would make things worse. I'll try it next time. #-o

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/09/2003 2:35 pm

It can make it worse... the pure Vaseline one i had before made my skin greasy an sore... the one i have now doesn't... straaaaaange.

-Gaz

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 08/12/2013 1:23 pm

would have assumed the same regarding vaseline.

that it would make things worse.

just tried it on a popped pimple, and applied it over a skin dried up by seb derm.

my skin just does not regenerate, following 3 courses of accutane in my youth.

we will see if Vaseline does the trick.....