Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i know this might sound wierd, but...

One day I popped a pimple on my forehead and as usual it started bleeding right after the swhite stuff (sebum/oil) had come out. For some reason I decided to put chapstick on the spot where I popped the pimple. I read before somewhere that vaseline was non-comedogenic and the main ingredient in chapstick is vaseline (petroleum jelly).

The chapstick sort of clogged the bleeding and it stopped within a few minutes (big plus there as I had to go to class) in the morn. After a few days I realized that the wound healed much more quickly then usual. The redness left within a couple of days the the skin in the area returned to normal.

Does anyone know why this works?

I doubt others have tried the same thing since it's sounds wierd.

Well think about it.

Chapstick is used to prevent cold sores and cracked lips so im assuming it has same effect on zits...

Guest fatman_uk

When im at work sumtimes i get a patch of dry skin right in MIDDLE of my chin, below my bottom lip, i dont have moisturiser at work, so i dab a bit of my chpstick on my finger an put it on my chin... it's great. Like a barrier.

Gotta be careful to only use a microscopic bit tho, that shit shines a lot... makes your skin look greasy.

-Gaz

That's interesting. I would have thought that would make things worse. I'll try it next time. #-o

Guest fatman_uk

It can make it worse... the pure Vaseline one i had before made my skin greasy an sore... the one i have now doesn't... straaaaaange.

-Gaz

would have assumed the same regarding vaseline.

that it would make things worse.

just tried it on a popped pimple, and applied it over a skin dried up by seb derm.

my skin just does not regenerate, following 3 courses of accutane in my youth.

we will see if Vaseline does the trick.....