Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tayrayuf

Anyone have same Skin As me?

I think its strange how I just suddenly get acne at the age of 18 while in college... I am a male.. I have dry skin. I dont have any acne on my cheeks or sideburns or back or chest.. none of that. I do not have oily skin anywhere on my body (except for a tad bit on my nose). Its weird how I get zits and cysts around my mouth area and chin.. They always seems to come in bursts.. like 5 on each side of my mouth and maybe a few on upper lip area.

Does anyone have this sort of acne.. where it doesnt spread.. just accumulates in one area. I can see hundreds of tiny comedones when i stretch my mouth wide open. This Sucks.. Can anyone relate?? Since its not oily skin.. what could it be?

P.S - this happened my 1st year in college.. than i went back home for summer and magically cleared up.. without any medications.. and now its school time again and im breaking out.

I'm the exact same way. I have close to none on my forehead, temples, and cheeks but on my mouth area, chin and jaw line I break out. A while back ago I kept breaking out in my chin, with about 5 coming out in about 2 days. These would then go away and a few days later a new batch would come to replace that same spot...it is seriously annoying. sad.gif

My skin is always dry.. It never gets oily.. its too weird..

Hey Melancholy, what sort of regimen are you on and is it working?

hey

i am exactly the same

i only get acne to the slight left and right of the centre of my chin. They also pop of in groups at the same time. Sometimes i breakout on one side and when thats on the way of clearing the otherside starts

mine has also just started at the ages of 17, they are mainly cysts i get too

i noticed when i stretch out the skin i see really small white lumps. They dont turn out to be anything.. well not that i notice anyway.

but i can relate to what you have

mine seams to come and go whenever it feels like. I get weeks when i am clear and then a longer period of breakouts..

it does suck

i havent found anything that works yet sad.gif

since the breakouts are predominatly in the mouth area.. maybe it is a reaction to certain foods we eat?? Thats the only thing i can think of.. my family history consists of beautiful skin.. theres no way i have Acne

I sort of have it like that. I know a kid who's perfectly fine acne-wise everywhere except for his nose. He just gets zits on his nose. It's a little eerie.

My breakouts started at 30...don't feel bad! My hormonal ance flares up on my chin and jawline - typically when I'm stressed. Stress may be a trigger for you???

But if it is truly centered around you mouth...consider trying new tooth paste. Ashersmom has posted alot in regards to SLS...which is common in toothpastes and a common irritant. I use Jason's Healthy Mouth toothpaste...she has a longer list to choose from.

And not get to personal...but think to yourself, is your girlfriend (or boyfriend, I suppose) using different products? They may be irritating your face.

Good luck! I sincerely hope you are merely having some sort of allergic reaction and you identify the cause and remedy the situation quickly.

tayrayuf if your acne is not sebum related oily skin/T zone etc as you said your skin was dry then id say your Acne being where it is might be hormonal also as startzt said it could be SLS or you migh be using bad products on your skin.

SLS = Sodium Lauryl/laureath Sulfate

Yes... I have dry and acne prone skin. Consequently I have never had any success with conventional acne prone face washes and treatments ...they tend to have a lot of fragrance and alcohol which makes my skin dryer and more irritated > leading to more zits. I stick to products for dry and sensitive skin and because they cause less irritation I break out less. I use Bp also and this has had a successful impact on the problem too.

From cometics cop

(abridged http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....FER=SKIN&ID=71) :

...the truth about blackheads (usually accompanied by oily skin) and whiteheads or milia (usually accompanied by dry skin) is hard to accept. What is the truth? The truth is they are just hard to get rid of. It is hard to win the battle against clogged pores. 

The never-ending questions are; Why do some people get whiteheads and not blackheads? Why does the problem occur in some areas of the face but not others? What causes some products to make people break out but not give them blackheads? And finally; What makes some products cause blackheads but not acne? Those questions have no specific answers. It seems to be primarily a genetic predisposition accompanied by the right conditions (mentioned above) randomly taking place in any one of the thousands of pores we have on our face. Not to mention an unknown reaction to the over 50,000 cosmetic ingredients we may come in contact with from the products we use. 

Other than avoiding products that are too emollient (meaning thick or greasy creams) and not using moisturizers when you don't need them, there are really only four essentials for dealing with whiteheads and blackheads

Gentle, water-soluble cleansers (and avoiding bar soap). The ingredients that keep soap in its bar form can clog pores, and irritation can cause skin cells to flake off before they're ready and accumulate in the pore. 

There are lots of gentle cleansers to consider, ranging from Alpha Hydrox, Aveeno, Cetaphil, and Neutrogena to Paula's Choice. It's actually getting more and more difficult to find a cleanser that isn't gentle. Someone with dry skin would want to use a slightly more moisturizing cleanserâ€â€but be careful: cleansers that are too emollient leave a greasy film on the skin and that can cause further problems.

Gentle exfoliants that can both remove the excess skin cells on the surface of the face (so they don't build up in the pore) and exfoliate inside the pore (to improve the shape of the pore, allowing a more even flow of oil through it). Keep in mind that the pore itself is lined with skin cells that can build up, creating a narrowed shape that doesn't allow for natural oil flow. But don't get carried away with this step. Overdoing it (removing too many skin cells) can cause problems and hurt skin. Exfoliation is essential for both dry and oily skin to eliminate blackheads or whiteheads. 

Again, someone with dry skin will want an exfoliant that has a more moisturizing base. The best option for a good exfoliant is a 1% or 2% BHA gel, liquid, or lotion.

Absorbing excess oil. This step is for those with oily skin and is not necessary for those with whiteheads and dry skin, because with dry skin the problem isn’t excess oil, it's trapped oil. 

Effective but optional considerations for all skin types are Retin-A, Renova, or Differin. These can be used on their own or with a BHA product. Research has definitely established that Retin-A, Renova, and Differin have positive effects on how pores function, and these products should be a consideration for very stubborn cases or when blackheads are accompanied by breakouts.

Just wanted to mention that I read an article once that said that breakouts around the mouth can sometimes be caused by whitening tooth paste. Maybe you use two different brands at home and at school.

Just a thought. biggrin.gif/

man you just about exactly described my acne. I got it senior year in high school for the very first time in my life and have been trying hard to get rid of it on my own. It would probably be considered mild acne but it is only around my mouth and lower chicks close to the jawline. The rest of my face is almost perfect and looks really good which is discouraging since I cant get the mouth area and lower chicks rid of it. I never oily and i am usually really dry, but I hate mosturizers and they seem to make it worse. We need to find something we can do with this type of acne. I get mostly white heads.

Im clearing up as we speak.. no more zits.. just a few scars.. all thanks to Phisoderm Acne Wash.. shits great at opening pores... ive been on it just a week and im doing great... u need to moisturize afterwards because it does dry skin out pretty bad.. but its worth it.. really worth it.

So how do you use this phisoderm wash and where did you get? Also what moisturizer do you use, cause i had using a moisturizer but it seems i might need to.

its called Phisoderm Clear Confidence Acne Wash.. found in any supermarket.. (eckerds-walgreens-publix-etc).. and use a non-comogenic moisturizer like neutrogena..

I am always on the hunt for interesting products...as I have said previously it is hard to find things that addresses dryness AND acne. However I came across this moisturiser the other day online. I have never used it...nor can I get it in NZ. But maybe someone would like to give it a try? I think it is about 18-20 dollars US.

http://www.laroche-posay.us/catalog/hydrap...moisturizer.htm