Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been following this board since the beginning of September when I had a really bad breakout. There have been soooo many threads that have helped me so much. I literally have spent hundreds of $ and have hundreds of products and all of them seem to be working but the homemade ALA is what has made the most dramatic changes!!

I want to let you know that I DO NOT have scarring. I just get breakouts and when I do, I get these red marks that do not want to go away. That is what I was mostly interested in. The red marks are gone and I very rarely ever break out anymore. And when I do, it doesn't leave the marks.

A GREAT BIG thanks to the following and I am really sorry if I have left anyone out!!

Blue-for posting the Mandelic Thread

Tracy76567-for posting the PureDeming Intense Gel Thread

Maya-for posting the Tape/Vinegar/Lemon Water thread and without your recommendations I would never ever ever have put oil on my face-now, I don't know what I would do without it!! Even though I had breakouts, I didn't ever want dry/flaky skin, I still wanted normal skin, just without the blemishes.

Botchla-for the Clean & Clear Thread

and Especially Veronica AKA Drvpaul-for the ALA recipe

Also, I am not an expert, and do not know why things work or don't so chances are I cannot answer questions. There are some more informed people on this board that know much more than I do. Most questions have been answered and if you read the threads all of the way through you will find very good information-some of them are very long but very informative. A lot of times, you can even find different kinds of information on other products, etc., inside of the different threads. So if you want information-read them-all the way through-they are very good.

Here is a list of the products I have gotten from the recommendations from this board, websites I bought from, and prices (in case anyone wants to know): P.S. I am in no way suggesting any one do this!! I am just letting you know what worked for ME!! I have seen too many times where someone has explained exactly how to do something that has worked for them. The person trying it, did way to much or what they tried didn't work and they end up almost blaming the person posting because they burned themselves etc because of their own stupidity!! This worked for me-if you try it and it doesn't work for you-sorry, if you get hurt-sorry, I am just posting it-what you do with it is out of my control. (Having to even say that stuff is kind of silly-kind of like McDonalds having to post that their coffee is hot or their food is fatning smile.gif )

Emu Oil-16 oz from www.dinomeat.com $40.00 Back Country brand (They have smaller sizes and cheaper prices but I use this in my body lotion in the morning also-it never really soaks in but very moisturizing, I just make sure to wear jeans and long sleeved shirt or put it on before bed)

Olive Oil-from any grocery store, $2.50 Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Vitamin E Oil-1 oz-$8.99 from GNC Nourish Skin Brand

Vitamin K (100 tablets)$2.50 for 100 mcg GNC Brand (I started taking these internally also, supposed to be good for bruising!)

DMAE-(60 tablets)$7.99 250 mg GNC Brand

CoQ10-on sale for $18.50 at www.epic4health.com for 60 softgels that already have the Vitamin E and ALA in them

Intense Gel2 oz $42.00 from www.puredeming.com I actaully bought from their ebay store-this is especially good if you have dried out your skin by using the madelic or scrubbing to hard with the Clean & Clear-it moisturizes without breaking you out or making your face feel greasy in any way-wonderful stuff!)

Intense Mini Peel-3 drams for $23.00 also from www.puredeming.com 1 dram is equal to 15-30 peels-but all 3 drams are in the same bottle.

Copper Peptides -the regular-I bought the Skin Biology Brand but from www.myvitanet.com since it was 2-4 oz bottles for $50.00 and at www.skinbiology.com it was 1-4 oz bottle for $36.00. This stuff doesn't really feel like it is doing anything but after a couple of weeks I started noticing a nice glow in my complexion-definitely worth it in my opinion!!

Jojoba Oil-1 oz $5.99 Nourish Skin Brand from GNC

MSM 2000$29.95 for 30 caplets from www.formor.com which has Vitamin C in it

Aspirin-Any cheap Aspirin will do, I bought the Walgreens Brand 100 tablets of 5 grain for $.99

Mandelic Acid Serum 10%-4oz for $30.99 at www.skincarerx.com I also got the 15% for a couple of body scars and found it way to harsh even for that for everyday use.

MaMa Lotion-2 oz for $34.50 from www.skincarerx.com/ecommerce/?category=mamalotion

tip: When using this-put on last with nothing over it and leave. I tried rubbing in some Jojoba Oil over it and got nasty burns. Works great by itself!

Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub-$3.00 at any drugstore

tip: as botchla said a couple of times--just gently rub for about 30 seconds and wash of--DO NOT SCRUB!

Clean and Clear Continuous Control Cleanser-$3.00 at any drugstore

tip: again, as botchla said, gently rub for about 30 seconds and wash of--DO NOT SCRUB!

Tea Tree Oil 2-30 ml bottles for $24.00 of Nambucca Brand at www.teatreeoilfarm.com beware--this is some STINKY stuff!! But it is also very good stuff-if you can get past the smell. I even use it in my shampoo and then condition as usual, the conditioner takes the smell away and it really evens out the oily scalp/dry hair very well.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay(is Bentonite Clay)2 lbs. for $11.99-a little goes a very long way!! from www.mothernature.com and you get free shipping over $35.00 (you mix with apple cider vinegar so you reap the benefits of the vinegar without the horrid smell lingering)

My Homemade ALA is a little different from Veronicas but here is what did it for me:

Mix: (I crush them with a pill crusher and then melt them together with a little water)

1 DMAE

3 Aspirin

3 Vitamin K

1 MSM2000 (already has Vitamin C in it)

then add in:

4 Drops of Tea Tree Oil

1 Tsp each: Olive Oil, Emu Oil, and Jojoba Oil

4 Capsules of the CoQ10 (which already has the ALA and Vitamin E oil in it)

I put this on my face, kind of thick but just so it covers my face, and leave on for an hour or so. Or even go to bed with it on but it is pretty gritty so it gets on the pillowcase. Then wash off-and the red marks are very noticeable lighter as soon as you wash it off!! I have seen posts where a couple of other posters said that, in the morning, they get up and look in the mirror and their faces look better but after they take a shower or wash their face it looks worse. I have had that happen to me too, but it does not happen with this concoction--it just works!!! The more I did it the better it looked. I would say I probably had about 15% difference in the first time and after about 7 or 8 times the spots are totally gone.

I have experimented with all of these products and I think all of them have worked but none of them have produced the results that the homemade ALA has. It is Incredible!! I was a firm believer in the Intense Gel and still love it but now this is my holy grail serum!

I don't really have a set routine. Sometimes in the morning I:

Do the Tape and Vinegar Method,

then 20 minutes later, put on Retin-A or Tazorac (my doctor gave me a couple of samples of this and it doesn't smudge like the Retin-A does when you put the Copper Peptides over it like one poster mentioned)

then put on the Copper Peptides

or

I may Just put the Mandelic on with the Copper Peptides over it.

In the evening it is always different also:

I usually clean my face with the Clean and Clear products (just rubbing gently-not scrubbing)

Then the Vinegar and Tape

and if I have time, the homemade ALA or Intense Gel for an hour or so

and then the MaMa with nothing on over it

It all kind of depends on how my face feels at the time. If it feels dry in the mornings, I use the Retin-A/Copper Peptides Method (I know a lot of people say Retin-A is drying but not for me--the exact opposite is true). If it feels hydrated, I go the Mandelic route. My face is perfectly clear!! Thanks so much to everyone! I don't know if I will be checking in anymore, I just wanted to post this because I know how aggravating it is when someone finds something that works but never post it and then drop off the face of the earth and keep you wondering. So here is my success story--do with it what you want. Sorry this is so long and TAKE CARE ALL!!

Guest fatman_uk

OMFG Dude! That's gotta be the most complicated method i've seen, lol.

Well done, you should be a frickin rocket scientist. biggrin.gif

-Gaz

i am interested in getting rid of red marks/scars as well. anyone knows the DUTCH names of all these products? i have really no idea what peels, intense gel and AHA is sad.gif

can someone explain it?

i am interested in getting rid of red marks/scars as well. anyone knows the DUTCH names of all these products? i have really no idea what peels, intense gel and AHA is sad.gif

can someone explain it?

Guest fatman_uk

AHA is Alpha Lipoic Acid,can be found at GNC.

can someone explain it?

AHA is Alpha Lipoic Acid,can be found at GNC.

The other product mentioned have websites.

www.puredeming.com Peels

www.myvitanet.com Copper Peptides

www.skincarerx.com Mandelic Acid Serum 10% mama lotion sound neat.

I know Gaz-sorry, I got really discouraged when I had a huge breakout and probably went a little overboard on the products but in the end all that mattered was that my complexion was clear!

The hardest part about this is the ingredients obviously. But I had a lot of them already.

Leon, I tried to post all of the websites and places I bought from and if you go to those websites, you can get a lot of information about the products from them. You might go to the search part and put in "homemade ALA" I think the authors name was actually Dan. If you read it all of the way through-you will get some very good information from it. Hope this helps!!

Guest fatman_uk
I know Gaz-sorry, I got really discouraged when I had a huge breakout and probably went a little overboard on the products but in the end all that mattered was that my complexion was clear!  

Guest Tracy
Tracy76567-for posting the PureDeming Intense Gel Thread